Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can't revert multiple items at the same time and can't revert newly created items.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DevinW, Oct 5, 2016.

1. DevinW

DevinW

Could really use a Ctrl+Select for multiple items I would like to revert. I had a instance where colab saw 25 changes where I had actually only made 3 and I had to go through selecting 22 items and discard them before I was able to push.

I also can't revert a file that was thought to of been created. I think the prompt message is fine but it should also be followed up with delete button or atleast a select item in project. The fact the file even existed was a bug. The file in question had been deleted in a teammates push and for some reason my colab thought that I had created it.

Thanks for listening.

holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Pinging @quixotic again for feedback.

As far as Collab thinking you created it, there are two known cases of this happening:

First, is a somewhat weird state. Your teammate deleted the file but for some reason your .meta files weren't getting deleted. Because Unity keeps reference of assets using .meta files, the Editor said "hey! I know where that goes!", pulled it from Temp memory, and recreated it for you. It thought it was helping.

If you find yourself in this situation, a great workaround is to exit Unity, delete your Temp folder, and restart the Editor. :) This should solve the problem.

Second, your teammate deleted the files, you selected "Choose Mine". If you try to revert the file at that point, Collab will give you the "just created" message. It is now a new file to the server that you are pushing.

Hope that helps! Keep the feedback and the questions coming! :)

TinyTeaOW likes this.
  3. DevinW

DevinW

Seems like it was related to the first situation.

I'm using a lot OnValidate in my script to auto fill some inspector variables that might be triggering the meta to not be deleted I guess. An example would be

public GameObject example;

void OnValidate()
    {
    if(example == null)
    example = gameObject;
    }
    Anyways thanks for getting back to me and shedding some light on the situation.

Cheers,