Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can't restore project from collab build.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by mrCharli3, Apr 19, 2019.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

I backed up my project before trying to upgrade from 18.2 to 18.3, the upgrade failed (all prefabs said "missing" and other errors).
    So I decided to forget about it and go back to my old build.

I went to unity hub/cloud to restory my backed up build in a new project folder, it loaded for almost an hour (large project), and then when I get into unity its empty, I get a

"[Collab] GitRepoService::MissingOIDError: The submitted publish number was not found in this project."

Even though I'm signed in I get this error, and I cannot load collab history. There is an "update now" button under collaborate that I'm scared to press (don't want to overwrite the copy in collab, I have 1000s of hours put into this project).
    Terrified that I've lost it all.

I also tried opening my original project (the one I tried upgrading that failed, and press "restore" on my backup, but that also does not work, just get an "error" in the collab window after a few seconds.

Im currently trying to download the entire project again, but it takes a long time. Not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: It downloads 26 317/26 317, goes to "moving filed", then "calculating asset hashes", then does some imports. But then when the download is done, the project is empty?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

It works now, after importing it for the third time. Just importing a project into a fresh folder shouldnt take up 7 hours of my day =/ Hope this product improves cus its super convenient, but for my next project I'll just use GIT. I cant trust this fully.