Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Render Within Tiny3D Project

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by drhodor, Apr 14, 2020.

1. drhodor

drhodor

Getting an all green screen with messages

No primary surface render node.
    No cameras in scene.

The net effect is the same as the one @GitschiDev experienced in this thread.

However I am not even importing any sprites. The scene only has a Unity brand Cube primitive with a random material from the Tiny3D demo. This cube sits in a little sub-scene. I just created a main scene, sub scene, and duped-out but functionally the exact same .asmdef + build configuration settings as the Tiny3D stuff in the project. The Tiny3D stuff still builds and runs fine. But the stuff I added does not. I even tried adding the AutoMovingDirectionalLight.cs component to the light in my new main scene to see if it was somehow pulling in a camera making the Tiny3D build work. This happens for a WASM and Windows il2cpp build.

2. drhodor

drhodor

So this is interesting: The Windows il2cpp build configuration I duped out for my Tiny3D sub-project threw an error about the Audio Listener that was on the default camera within the subscene. However the WASM build configuration never did. When I removed the audio listener from the camera in the sub-scene I started seeing stuff rendered.

So, I think this Audio Listener and the inconsistent messaging in the Build Configurations is what's throwing people off who try to use Tiny3D as a base.

Weirdly when I added the listener *back* to the Main Camera component in the sub scene I was able to continue making builds that rendered.

Seems like there are several things going on here:
    - inconsistent messaging from the conversion processes kicked off by the different build configs
    - sometimes the audio listener stops the main camera from being converted to an entity, sometimes it doesn't (potentially the entity is cached after the non-convertible component is re-added?)

3. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

So if you add the audio listener to the camera you must include Unity.Tiny.Audio to your main asmdef references or the runtime will throw errors about “Cannot find TypeIndex for type hash"
    If you check the editor console window you should see those errors
    and to know what assembly has that component follow the steps in the FAQ section of the user guide
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...HfnAX-CpYLK3aOdwA/edit#heading=h.qjevcdde4f2h