Search Unity

Can't remove latest version/launch from Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Markedavis2001, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Markedavis2001

Markedavis2001

Hey there,

Recently I removed Unity Hub and my various editor versions so that I could make a video of the installation process with a "clean" install. And ever since then, I've been unable to install, launch, or even delete version 2019.4.10f1.

I've tried uninstalling, restarting, re-installing the HUB and then getting the latest version. When I use the HUB, installation either won't complete (after multiple hours) or fails.

Now in the Hub/Installs tab when I try to delete the version, it tells me "Could not Delete Files". Show in Explorer shows me that the files are there, I just can't delete them. If I manually delete them, it still shows me that the version is there but hasn't installed properly.

I've also tried manually downloading the editor from the Unity Archive page and that works just fine. But if I try to point the Hub to that new location/install it tells me that I can't because that version is already there/gives me the same installation failed message.

At this point I'm up for trying anything. I'd love to wipe everything and just start totally from scratch, but the Hub seems to remember that information even after I uninstall it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

~Mark

2. dm_bond

dm_bond