Search Unity

Can't Register my new Serial Number

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Xander-Davis, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

I just bought a new serial and when I input it into Unity Hub, it says:

"License server return unknown error. Please contact support@unity3d.com for more information."

I sent them an e-mail with my invoice number and my new serial number, but I haven't heard back in a day now. I need to use Unity!

Help? Any advice?

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

I had the same issue recently after a Windows update cleared my serial number. Support couldn't get to the bottom of it, but the next day the license server responded just fine so it became a moot issue. I was able to work offline in the meantime by running Unity.exe directly instead of through Hub.

Xander-Davis likes this.
  3. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

This still doesn't work. Unity still hasn't replied to my help ticket.

Unity, where are you for literally a paying customer?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

They're usually reasonably responsive. Did their email end up in your spam folder?

You should have received an auto response with a six digit request number that links to your case. Did you receive this email? If so, click on the link and check the status of your case.

If you didn't get an email, try submitting your help ticket again. If you're logged into the site, that link should also show a Chat to Unity Customer Service box in the lower right which might let you chat with someone right away.