Search Unity

Can't Publish FPS Microgame

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Thallios, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Thallios

Thallios

I am following the FPS Microgame tutorial and the last step is to publish the game to the Community. When I click Publish it goes through the upload process then shows an error (Something Went Wrong - Internal server error) and fails to publish.

Is this because Unity is getting rid of Community? And is there a way around this step so I can mark the tutorial as completed?

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Just keep trying, sometimes the server crashes due to increased demand.

Like last Friday, people will have been going daft buying stuff online on "Black Friday" so the servers would've gotten overloaded and crashed frequently.

Thallios likes this.
  3. ravenpuff78

ravenpuff78

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem, and I've been trying all weekend.

4. tadlock1138

tadlock1138

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Very nice tutorial up until this point thought. Just can't seem to proceed without this step. Are there some issues with the server?

5. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I just tried to do the FPS microgame tutorial and the sodding thing crashed immediately on loading! Same with the platform game tutorial, I am running Unity 2020.3 on Linux if that is the problem?!

6. Hschills0319

Hschills0319

Hey there, I’m also having this issue. I hit Publish and it starts going. Then all of a sudden my screen goes black and the lights on my pc start flickering.

Then when I load up my computer, I don’t even get an error code. my error code reader that is built into my motherboard just reads all clear. So I don’t even know exactly what the problem is.

If anyone finds out what causes this, please let me know. I’m not planing on making an fps game, but I was planning on eventually making a game in the first person view so I wanted to do this tutorial.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sounds like a possible bad power supply on your PC if it is not starting correctly. And you really don't need to publish the game, just run it in the Editor. You've already completed the tutorial, there is not much more to be learned by just publishing. Just move onto the next tutorial.