Search Unity

Resolved Can’t preview in HMD from editor

Discussion in 'VR' started by maxaud, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxaud

maxaud

I have an Oculus Rift S and an Oculus Quest 2. I would like to be able to press play and put one of them on and preview my game without having to build it.

I know the process is a little different for each but I cannot seem to make either work.

XR Interaction Package installed
    Oculus Desktop Application Installed
    Windows 10 PC with good hardware.
    Oculus package installed under XR frameworks.
    Oculus Interaction Asset installed.
    Using USBC type 3 cable with the Quest2.
    Allow unknown packages selected in Oculus settings.

Can build an .apk to the Quest 2 and see it that way.

When using the editor and I push play and have the platform set to desktop it just previews in the editor as normal and nothing happens in the Rift S. With Android platform it doesn’t launch in the Quest 2.

Any help Would be appreciated.

thank you!

2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @maxaud, make sure you have selected Oculus under the Desktop window in Edit > Project Settings > XR Plug-in Management. Then make sure you have configured tracking of your headset (GameObject > XR > Convert Main Camera to XR Rig).

To preview in your headset from the Editor, connect your Rift S and press play. If you're using the Quest 2, follow these instructions to enable Oculus Link. Then press play in the Unity Editor and you should be able to preview your app.

3. maxaud

maxaud

I completely started fresh and reinstalled everything and then restarted computer and it started working.. not sure what the problem was as I didn’t do anything different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.