Search Unity

Can't open Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RareSloth, Jun 2, 2020.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth

Mac OS Catalina, 2019.3.12f1

I get "Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue."

Then I get "Application not responding" or "Looks like this project is already open"

I've already tried re-installing unity.

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

Do you have Visual Studio or another IDE open? Did you attach it to Unity for debugging? (This happens in Visual Studio by pressing the Play button at the top, and you can stop it by pressing the Stop button).

3. RareSloth

RareSloth

Yes I've restarted. Catalina is up to date.

I don't have another IDE open.

Unity hub thinks the project is already open, when it's not. Unity doesn't show up when trying to force quit.

I've re-installed both unity and the hub.

4. RareSloth

RareSloth

When I try opening, the hub minimizes, unity tries loading, no windows show up. Then immediately goes into "not responding"... At this point I don't know what else to do.

5. RareSloth

RareSloth

Another error message with both options leading nowhere.

The last time you opened Unity, it was force quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?

If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.

6. RareSloth

RareSloth

Unity hub is taking 99% of my CPU now, and IT'S NOT EVEN OPEN.

7. RareSloth

RareSloth

After ripping my hair out for the past day, my partner suggested I try deleting the Library folder in our project. This solved the issue. Must be something to do with caching being corrupted?