Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can't open the history panel in Unity Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Sonoida, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Sonoida

Sonoida

Hello!

As described in the title. Me and my friend are fairly new to Collaborate thing, but we recently upgraded to 2019.3.3 version and wanted to give it a go. It works for him, but not for me.

It's worth mentioning that I opened our cloud project and this is where I'm trying to access history panel from.
    I'm already in the group with manager rank.
    Yet when I open the cloud tab (services) and then choose Collaborate option, none of the buttons work.

Am I missing something?

2. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Would you be able to post a screenshot of what exactly you're trying to click on?

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 11.27.56 AM.png

You should be able to open the history panel by clicking the circled button in the bottom left of the Collab dropdown window. You open this window by clicking the Collab button in the top toolbar of the editor.

Hope that helps!

3. Sonoida

Sonoida

Thanks for the reply,
    Here's my screenshot:
    upload_2020-3-10_20-11-23.png

Clicking on "Open the history panel" does nothing. Apparently its supposed to do something, as my friend told me.
    It works for him

4. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Hmm... looks like the Collab button in your toolbar is not showing up at all, which I would suspect indicates that the package has not been loaded properly. If this is the case, it would explain why the "Open the history panel" link is not working.

Would you be able to disable / re-enable the Collab package from its page in the services tab, then restart your editor? You should eventually be able to see a Collab toolbar button (like the one in my screenshot above).

If that doesn't work, would you be able to take a look at the "Console" tab in that bottom section of your editor and tell me if you see any logs that look like they're related to Collab?

Sonoida likes this.
  5. christophera_unity

christophera_unity

Unity Technologies

@Sonoida Looks like you have a compile issue. Once that compile issue is sorted out, the Collab toolbar button will appear again and the history link will work.

Sonoida and cameronsun like this.
  6. am_salperton

am_salperton

I have the same problem and of course I have a compile issue. Many of them. The whole point of the Collab is for me to get the commit a colleague made of fixing those. Why is basic Collab functioning dependent on this?

7. HuldaGnodima

HuldaGnodima

Did you find a solution?

I had the same problem: I got the same problem and it happened after I reverted a project from a newer version of Unity(2020.1.17) into an older version of Unity(2019.4.16f LTS). When I reverted it caused some packages in the project to not be the right version for the current Unity version the project was on. (To see your packages check out "Window" -> "Package Manager", and look at your packages there). So some of my packages for Unity were now for the version 2020 but I was currently on a 2019-version .

When packages don't coincide with your Unity-version, Unity doesn't seem to like it: It seems that when this happens Unity cannot function normally, and opening the history-tab doesn't work.
    The errors you get then are not "regular" errors that are due to the code you've written yourself (from what I've understood). These are errors that stem from package-issues (in my case at least and seem to be in your case) and they need to be solved by fixing the package-inconsistency. When that's been done, the history panel will be accessible again.

How to fix/What worked for me: You can try to revert your packages manually (Here's a post that talks about just that: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples/issues/591). This seems to work for people!
    I solved it by deleting the project from my computer (but making a backup of my project just in case) and redownloading it via the Unity Cloud (Collaboration). This gave me a working version again that had the packages that were correctly aligned with the version (as that was the latest project-version I'd uploaded to the cloud).

Hope you managed to solve it! Wrote this out in detail hoping to help someone if they find this thread in the future :)

If someone understands this better than I do please correct me!

8. simonvutov1

simonvutov1

I had this issue, Ill try this out

HuldaGnodima likes this.