Search Unity

Can't open the console, at all...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SkyMan77, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

Hi, i'm fairly new to Unity, and installed the latest version : 2018.1.0 of 2.

But i have a problem...
    When i want to create a new project or choose to open an already created one, like the Standard exemple we all have, i can't open the console... CTRL + Shift + C doesn't work.

Any ideas how i can solve my problem?

rahul_1223 likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

What happens when you select it from the Window menu?

EDIT: And what does opening the console have to do with opening or creating a project? I don't see how those are related.

rahul_1223 likes this.
  3. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

I think my explanation was wrong, sorry.

I have the console tab at the lower half of my screen. But when i tap the different errors, it should open a new window to allow me to correct it. Isn't that window also called Console? It's that window that doesn't show up.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

When you double click (or tap) on one of the messages related to code it should open the appropriate program you have installed for handling code assuming it's been installed and Unity has been configured to handle it. By default Unity knows how to handle Mono Develop (only for releases prior to 2018) and Visual Studio (older and newer releases of Unity).

5. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

Nope it does nothing. I have the latest Visual Studio Community (2017 if i remember correctly). But nothing happen when i double click on the different errors.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both Unity and Visual Studio, but that didn't work.

6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Not all errors relate to something in your source code. Why don't you copy one of the errors and paste it here, so we can see what you're dealing with?

jhocking likes this.
  7. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

Ok, then i should explain a little more. On this case, I want to use Match Me Kernel, but i have errors like i said, here they are:

Edit: Sorry, i just realised it's cut. So i wrote one of those errors:

C:/Users/Thomas/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.8.8/Editor/Sources/Services/Interfaces/IBaseOperation.cs(8,22): error CS0066: `UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.IBaseOperation.OnOperationFinalized': event must be of a delegate type

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

9. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

well i don't have those errors when i open a new project, but i still can't open the window to add some code...

Edit: Never mind. Weird, but after doing a Virus analysis on my computer just now, it works.!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!! C# Script function works !!!! I don't if it's that or something else. But that works!!!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  10. Ryiah

Ryiah

Just took a moment to check the preview window on the asset store and the file mentioned in the error isn't in the list which very likely means it's inside one of the DLLs. I know you can open a DLL within Visual Studio to see basic information on the class but I don't believe you can view the code from there let alone edit it.

Basically this is a problem for the author of the asset. You won't be able to fix it yourself.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/65218

11. verybinary

verybinary

check preferences
    somewhere in the "normal software that unity knows about and can link to" section, there should be a choice for what you want to open scripts in. change this to notepad, or unitys script thing, or visual basic

12. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

well i edited my last reply yesterday, it works normally. Still don't know what was causing that...

13. Joey010588

Joey010588

Try setting the default view from 2 by 3 or whatever you may be using, to default and the console should be next to the project tab.

14. hamzakhanswat

hamzakhanswat

I taped console double clicked but he not opened