Search Unity

Question Can't open scene after installing new unity version

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by sannevdakker, May 24, 2022.

1. sannevdakker

sannevdakker

Hi, so i'm very new to all of this. I kind of know the basics about unity so for a school project i created a 3d world. It was supposed to be a game concept. It was working perfectly, and i was basically finished. Last night i wanted to open the project to make screen recordings to create a promo video, but i got an error saying that i needed to install the new unity version, so i did. After it upgraded, i couldnt open my scene. Now it just opens a demo scene from a package, but not my scene. When i do try to open my scene, it says 'missing or broken path()'. Honestly i have no idea whats happening. My files also kinda scattered around after the update for some reason. I didn't touch anything so i dont know how this happened. When i try to open my scene from the file itself, it says failed to load mono. I also can't find a mono file, which is weird. All i found were monobehaviourtests? Maybe thats the problem, i dont know. If anyone knows how to recover my scene PLEASE help because my assignment is due in a week. Also english isnt my first language so im sorry if the story is hard to follow.