Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Can't open projects - Stuck on loading

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by BeorGames, Dec 5, 2022.

1. BeorGames

BeorGames

Until last week I had a problem that the hub wouldn't open a project depending on my network. If I used my home network it wouldn't open projects, but switching to my phone network it worked.

Now I can't open any projects, no matter which network I'm connected to.

I've already tried unintalling the hub, restarting the computer, opening a project via command line, opening a scene directly, and working offline.

What should I do?

2. AlDSouza

AlDSouza

Some apps will not work if the network the device is using has network security settings that are not compatible...

Check the network settings for your home wi-fi?

3. BeorGames

BeorGames

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The only thing that doesn't open are the projects from Unity hub, everything else works. I already tried opening them via ethernet connection, wifi, mobile hotspot, offline, I also tried switching my home network between private and public, turning off firewall and all security measures, but nothing seems to work.

4. AlDSouza

AlDSouza

Platform: Windows, Linux or Mac?

If it's an issue that only occurs when on a particular network then the issue is with that network or the settings for it and not with Unity.
    Example: Windows can be configured to use different settings for public and private networks

How to enable Firewall in private network or public network (techulator.com)
    4 Ways to Check Network Status on Linux - howtouselinux
    Checking the Firewall Configuration and Your Network Settings (Linux) - IONOS Help
    Check your firewall, network settings, proxy, VPN settings - one of those has gone wrong and try adding the process as an exception to the firewall.

Also running as admin helps

PS: I'm new to Unity and there are others on the forum who may know more about this

5. BeorGames

BeorGames

Hey there,

Thanks for trying to help. But the problem isn't on a single network. I tried 4 different networks so far and it doesn't work.

I'm on Windows and I also tried running as Admin, but nothing changes.

6. zenouber123

zenouber123

i have the same problem, can anyone help?

7. BeorGames

BeorGames

Hey there, after some time struggling, the Hub started asking me to add a new license every time I open it, so I simply click on the free license and it works fine. I'm not sure what fixed the issue, but I'd recommend reinstalling the Hub

8. unity_zNzj44M2o8ZRRw

unity_zNzj44M2o8ZRRw

Unity Technologies

Hey there, I would recommend return and activate license again.

Bordellis likes this.
  9. Bordellis

Bordellis

Just had to reply to this; couldn't find what was wrong for the life of me and did not think of requesting a new license, but after hours of troubleshooting, this worked immediately.

10. Triksy

Triksy

Noticed this happens when the Hub has a update and needs you to allow it to install it, until the update in installed can't open any projects.

But during the installation of the update a user is asked to log in again so likely got to do with the login.

11. yskhan61

yskhan61

Fixed:

Hi one of my project always gets stuck in loading screen while opening. I fix it by going to TaskManager and go to the Unity Editor tab in App section. There I find the adb.exe, I End Task it...

Everytime the project stuck, I just end task the adb.exe, and then it opens

frozenwolfstudio9 likes this.