Search Unity

Can't open project

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by LEGEND383, Aug 24, 2014.

1. LEGEND383

LEGEND383

I downloaded and installed the 4.6 beta, but I whenever I try to open a project Unity crashes. What am I missing? Is there a fix for this?

2. PhilAllcock

PhilAllcock

Does it happen if you create a new project? Sometimes I get the thread context error when opening projects, but I also get this in 4.5. All I do with this is just keep trying to open the project till it works

3. code-blep

code-blep

I had a problem earlier with crashing. Until I realised that I was trying to open a 4.6 project with 4.5 (I have both installed) because I had identical Unity Icons due to 2 installs. Might be worth checking ;)

4. LEGEND383

LEGEND383

No, but it would be nice to be able to open my current projects, not just create new ones.
    I don't get any error message, it just stops responding and has to be killed by task manager.
    I'm running windows 8.1, if that makes a difference.
    @Hexagon Neuron I only have 4.6 installed, so that's not it

5. code-blep

code-blep

Hmmm. I'm running on Win 8.1 also. Have you tried removing and installing again? Other than that I have nothing else. Hope you fix it soon!

6. LEGEND383

LEGEND383

Turns out the issue is with projects not created with 4.6 (no backwards compatibility for some reason).
    For now I'm just gonna create a new project in 4.6, copy the scripts and assets and redo all the project settings.

7. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

It should be able to load 4.5 projects. If its not could you please submit a bug with your 4.5 project that is failing to import so we can take a look.