Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can't open project due to error with Package Manager, only to find it doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by WinstonWalrus, May 21, 2020.

1. WinstonWalrus

WinstonWalrus

Hey,

So I've just transferred one of my projects from a PC running Windows to a Mac and installed version 2019.3.14 on the Mac. The PC is running 2019.3.8 or something, I believe.

I have tried to open this project and update the version to the more recent one as I intend to update it on the PC next time I use it, but for some reason an error shows whenever I try to open this project in the new version on my Mac or try to open any project at all on there, for that matter.

This is the error:

So I'm not an expert on this by any stretch, but from what I can gather it can't find the Package Manager at the file location. I went to the file location and the folder (or file) named UnityPackageManager was not there.

When I tried to diagnose the process with the button there, it completed all the processes fine except for the final one.

Excuse my bad formatting, but here's the log it gave me.

So yeah, apparently the Package Manager doesn't exist.

Just to clarify, here's what the folder PackageManager contains, the one called Server isn't even in there I just realized.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

It seems that you have a failed installation on Mac, the UnityPackageManager should be present. Other users have reported the same issue on Mac (https://forum.unity.com/threads/tro...th-unity-package-manager.869683/#post-5832340)

Please try to reinstall Unity from the hub, and don't quit the hub while the installation is happening.

I'm curious on how did you run into this situation, if you could provide more information, I would appreciate it.

Did you happen to quit the hub while the editor was installing? (Not while downloading, while installing). Or is it possible that you have an antivirus that quarantined and moved the file from its original location?

3. WinstonWalrus

WinstonWalrus

Thanks for the reply- turns out that a reinstall seemed to do the trick.

I have no idea what caused it- my antivirus might've gone rogue but it decided to stop working when I tried to check it out, so that's inconvenient.

The hub might've done something as I had to keep changing the installation folder before it would actually start downloading for some reason, but I got it to work in the end.

Sorry I couldn't provide more info about the issue.

supita_unity likes this.
  4. AliensLikeApples

AliensLikeApples