Search Unity

Bug Can't open Asset Store window in Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fourtunehunters, May 27, 2021.

1. Fourtunehunters

Fourtunehunters

Labeling this as Bug since I think it's a bug? Not 100% sure, but either way yesterday I was trying to open the asset store, it opened the first time but had a window saying I needed to login or something, can't remember what it said but it it didn't show the store for some reason even though I was logged into my account. I closed the store window in the editor, went onto the asset store to try and get the asset I was looking for from there, clicked on the "Open in Unity" button, it opened the package manager, but the package manager wouldn't load my assets. All it says in the page is: "There are no packages", and on the bottom it says "Error refreshing packages", but there's no console error stating anything. I've tried signing out and then back in in the editor, in the hub, reinstalling the whole editor and the engine, restarting my computer, basically everything I can think of at this point so I'm completely out of ideas, and thus I've come here in the hopes you fine people can help me figure out some kind of fix to this. Thanks for any help and lemme know if you need anything! I'd share screenshots but there's just nothing to share annoyingly, it just doesn't open and, for package manager, it doesn't say anything anywhere other than what I've already described. Anyway, thanks again!

2. Mauri

Mauri

Fourtunehunters and JasonC_ like this.
  3. JasonC_

JasonC_

Like Mauri said, you aren't missing anything. I'm not sure why that tab is even in the UI any more, it ought to just be a button that directly opens the web site. If you want to get assets go to https://assetstore.unity.com/ in a web browser; anything you grab there will then (theoretically) show up in your Package Manager under the "Packages: My Assets" category (you can pick that category in a drop down at the top of the Package Manage window).

Hm; two questions:

• When this happens, try this:
      1. Close the Editor, and then close the Hub (not just closing the window, but ending the app itself -- on Windows its in the system tray, on Ubuntu its up in the system menu bar, dunno where it is on other platforms).
      2. Restart the Hub, and, before you open a project or editor, click the little person icon in the top right of the Hub and log in or create a new account there (make sure you use the same account that you use to log into the asset store).
      3. Now open a project or the editor.
      4. And so question #1 is: Does this work?
    • Question #2: When this happens, if you click the "Account" button in the Editor toolbar, are the options disabled? Screenshot if you're not confident in your description.

Btw if you really can't figure out how to exit the Hub in step 2 just restart your computer I guess, same effect, heh.

Fourtunehunters likes this.
  4. Fourtunehunters

Fourtunehunters

Lol, don't worry I am at least somewhat competent at computers so I can navigate my way around my desktop, I have a windows btw. So I tried your steps, I closed the editor, signed out of the hub then closed that, ensured it was closed in the task manager, then opened it back up again, signed back in to my account, launched my project and still same problem. Still nothing besides the previous error. Clicked the account button in the editor and had: "Go to account; Sign out...; Upgrade to Unity Plus or Pro". That's all that was in there. Don't know what could be going wrong but going to try going through the pages Mauri posted, hopefully they'll be able to help. Thanks!

5. Fourtunehunters

Fourtunehunters

UPDATE:

OKAY! Figured it out right after sending that lol. I'll post it here for anyone else who might have this issue, because I know how it feels to go looking for a problem, see someone say "Found it out, thanks", and no mention of their fix.

Basically, after looking at some of those other pages I had a thought, so I closed my editor and signed out of it, and TURNED OFF MY VPN. Something that seems pretty innocuous but I guess it's just as simple as that, now I have access to my package manager like normal! Thanks for the help, and hopefully this'll help someone else down the line too.

Mauri likes this.