Search Unity

Question Cant move two characters with ThirdPersonController script

Discussion in 'Input System' started by ssd, Jan 7, 2023.

1. ssd

ssd

Hi,
    I am using unity 2021.3.16f1 and I imported the thired person starter assets. I am facing a problem when dropping more than one character to the scene as I can control only one ??!!
    I have dragged the PlayerArmature prefab into the playground scene but I can only controll the first one and matter what I try I can only control one character?!!
    I have looked into the ThirdPersonController script but there is nothing there that limits player control count?!
    I don't care if the camera follows only one player I only want to control multiple characters at once.
    Can someone help please

2. ZingZangGames

ZingZangGames

So you're trying to controll two (or more) charcters at the same time, like when pressing W for example, both move forwards equally? Look if there's more than one EventSystem/ PlayerInput/ InputSystemUIModule in your scene as that might cause the problem. Having more than one playerinput per scene breaks quite a few things.

If playing around with that doesn't help, posting the code for it (esp. for the input management and inspector values for a char) would be nice.

Hope this helps!