Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't move/rotate/scale an object

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rickblacker, Apr 18, 2019.

1. rickblacker

rickblacker

Unity 2019.2.0a9

Hi all... I'm going through a tutorial which is using ProBuilder to prototype out some structures. I have a model that got textured. I was able to place it in the scene, but I'm not able to move, rotate or scale it.

I thought that maybe there was something that I had done with that model and material so I added a basic Capsule object. I can't do anything with that either.

In this tutorial we've been using Pro Builder and the specific version I'm using is ProBuilder 4.0.4 and ProGrids 3.0.3.

In the tutorial, there were no instructions to disable pro builder or anything like that. Is ProBuilder somehow interfering with the ability to move and work with normal objects?

I should add that I CAN move them using the inspector directly, but I'm not getting the visual transform handles on the object itself in the Scene window.

UnityIssue.png

2. rickblacker

rickblacker

Hey, I figured it out... I needed to hit the ProBuilder Object Selection tool... I didn't realize this. I assumed that was only for ProBuilder objects, but I guess once you start using ProBuilder, those become embedded in the work flow.

ProBuilderSelection.png

roxus12 and xzenby like this.
  3. petyeti

petyeti

Thank-you for posting your solution, was stuck with this aswell. Appreciate it.

4. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

I just wanted to add my thanks as well for posting your solution. It helped me a lot

unityunity