Search Unity

Can't make unity to fetch development remote configs when running locally

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by gtyovchev, Oct 6, 2021.

1. gtyovchev

gtyovchev

Hey, would like to use Remote configs and when I signed up, I had a default production config already created for me. I created another environment development and I would like it to be used when running my game locally. I tried everything and it still uses the production one. Should I somehow mark it as dev config? In the build settings I have set Development build to true

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please share your code. You would want to pass in the the specific EnvironmentID, it's not related to being a development build

ConfigManager.SetEnvironmentID("an-env-id");

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.remote-config@3.0/manual/CodeIntegration.html

3. gtyovchev

gtyovchev

Thank you for the answer. I guess I misunderstood the Remote Config feature. Is there any way that I can create configurations per build and then choose configuration to be used when building? For example, I would like to easily create builds for dev, canary, and prod without rebuilding the code and every build should be connected to a different back-end.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry no, Unity Remote Config is available at runtime within your game to dynamically set variables and parameters, perhaps to dynamically set a difficulty level for example. I would not be familiar with a build management tool as you suggest.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps I misunderstood your request. Do you want the resulting build to connect to the various environments? Then yes, you can use Remote Config, and create a build per EnvironmentID.