Search Unity

Bug Can't log into dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by drallcom3, Feb 13, 2021.

1. drallcom3

drallcom3

I can't log into the dashboard with my account. Same for the store. Only the forum works.

I get redirected to
    https://api.unity.com/v1/oauth2/authorize?event=next

and I get an error JSON
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "message" : "Input Error",
    3.   "code" : "132.001",
    4.   "details" : [ {
    5.     "field" : "client_id",
    6.     "reason" : "Query parameter is invalid. client_id is missing."
    7.   } ]
    8. }
    Using a different browser or something similar doesn't help.
    This has been going on for weeks.

2. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

@drallcom3 I am terribly sorry to hear that you have had issues logging into the dashboard. Are you still experiencing issues logging in?

3. drallcom3

drallcom3

I thought the problem solved itself, but now I have it again.
    I had to use my mobile browser to make this post (no browser on my PC works here).

4. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

@drallcom3 I am terribly sorry to hear that you are still facing issues with the login. Could you file a support ticket to our support team through here. I am happy to help you personally too if the support team is unable to find a solution.

Support form link

5. Paulgh

Paulgh

I'm having the same issue, managed to log in, because I had an another session open in another browser.

Edit: It appears a browser extension called "Neat URL" was conflicting with the login progress in my case.

6. JakubMarcinkowski

JakubMarcinkowski

Many thanks, for this finding.
    To make it work, just add api.unity.com to Domain blacklist in Neat URL settings.

7. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

Thanks Paulgh for finding this!

8. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi, I've a similar problem too since a week, only on Chrome.

In short, I can't access to the dashboard, both from "My Account" section on Unity website of from the link in "Services/Collaborate" tab inside the Unity editor. When I click on those links I end up on this page:

... where none of the two buttons "Sign In" and "Create account" works, even if I'm already logged in, so I'm stuck on this page.

As I said, this is not working just on Chrome, whereas if I copy the redirection link in Firefox, it allows me to access the dashboard.

9. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

Hey RiccardoAxed and I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience in not being able to login. We had an issue with this page earlier yesterday but the issue should now be resolved. If you are still having issues, we are more than happy to help you out.

10. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Thank you for your answer,
    Just checked but the issue is still there. When I click the "Go to the web dashboard" link inside the Unity editor (Services/Collaborate tab) I can read the correct url in Chrome's address bar, then after a second it's redirected to the page above, with the two buttons "Sign In" and "Create account" not working.

Again, everything work fine in Firefox, so I'm able to press "Sign In" and enter the dashboard.

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

One note, as a test, ensure you only have one tab open in Chrome. And check for any ad blockers. I use Chrome here exclusively, without issue. You might also want to clear your browser cookies and cache.

12. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

That worked!

The other two options don't seem to matter, so I can have one/more open tabs and my ad blocker active/inactive and the result is the same. The discriminating factor is clearing the browser cookies and cache, then clicking on the "Go to the dashboard" links works as expected.

Thank you for your help.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! Apparently the browser sees a cookie and thinks you're still logged in as another user, I suspect you previously used a different login? We are looking into this.

14. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

I've a couple of accounts indeed, one for personal use and this one for my professional work, and sometimes I do a switch between the two, so it might be that.

15. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

We opened a discovery to understand the problem better, once we find a resolution, we'll get back to you here. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting. Have a wonderful start of the week.

Update:
    We identified the issue and this problem should no hopefully be resolved

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  16. maverick1999ro

maverick1999ro

Nope, it's not solved. However it works in incognito mode.

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Same with other browsers on your system?

18. Catgame9232

Catgame9232

but im haveing the same issue

19. unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues, Catgame9232. Can you try clearing your browsers cookies and cache? Or attempt to login using a private window to see if that fixes the problem?

20. Neurogami

Neurogami

Same issue. Cleared the unity cookies but no luck. Really not interested in having to restart the browser, clear cache, etc., just because Unity has a daft authorization system. I can't pick what browser to use either because Unity Hub desktop will always launch the default browser. This is obviously a recurring issue. Maybe fix it once and for all?

(I had to sign in here using a private window just to get around this nonsense.)

UPDATE: As a stupid hack to get around this buggy authentication code, I changed my default browser (from Edge to Firefox) in order to sign in, then changed it back. I still don't get why, if I'm using a desktop app to do desktop coding, any Web browser needs to be involved at all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are not suggesting this behavior is by design, but rather suggestions to get you unblocked while we find out what is going on.

22. sidchou

sidchou

this issue persisted in firefox, got redirected to the sign in page even i was already signed in, then after clicking "sign in" got directed to the api blank page

23. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

We did a variety of fixes on this front and the incoming reports have slowed down, hopefully this is resolved for people in this thread :)

24. silver90301

silver90301

Huh.... not fix... yet....
    I just want it to be fixed so that if you are logged in on the web, you are synchronized and logged in in the program. It is very, very inconvenient.

Attached Files:

25. TripTrapTechTrap

TripTrapTechTrap

It is indeed still a problem. I get the issue both with Edge and Chrome.
    Happens whenever i have to login or get authenticated. happens with muse as well :(

26. TripTrapTechTrap

TripTrapTechTrap

and its working again :)

27. dmarqs

dmarqs

Hi everyone,

So I'm having issues right now uploading to CCD and trying to log into the dashboard. My issues are a bit different from OP:

{
    "message" : "Input Error",
    "code" : "132.001",
    "details" : [ {
    "field" : "client_id",
    "reason" : "Query parameter is invalid. Failed to get current clientId ads-publisher"
    } ]
    }

I tried on chrome, chrome anonymous page, firefox, disabled my ad-block, all having the same return page.

And when I try to upload to CCD I'm having this instant error log, which I believe could be related:

System.Exception: Unauthorized
    at UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.ProfileDataSourceSettings.GetAuthToken () [0x000c6] in ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.17/Editor/Settings/ProfileDataSourceSettings.cs:424
    at

28. LastChaos

LastChaos

I have the same issue. I think it's a problem on Unity's servers, and it seems like we need to wait a bit

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Their authentication servers are having issues.

30. Redrubymd

Redrubymd

I'm also having issues logging in, i click sign in, i get taken to a website and then i get "Something went wrong. Please sign in again"