Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't locate Timeline in PackageManager (a11)

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by taylank, Dec 5, 2018.

1. taylank

taylank

Release notes mention that Timeline has been moved into built-in packages, but I can't see it anywhere on the package list (show preview packages enabled). Anyone else has this problem?

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

If you create a new project, you should see it. However, we currently have an issue with projects created in earlier versions of 2019.1. For these projects, make sure to add this line to your project manifest.json:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     "com.unity.timeline": "0.0.0-builtin",

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. taylank

taylank

Thanks! This should probably be in upgrade notes.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  4. taylank

taylank

I'm also having issues with Cinemachine being unable to see Timeline namespace.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.7\Runtime\Timeline\CinemachineTrack.cs(14,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TrackColor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.7\Runtime\Timeline\CinemachineTrack.cs(15,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TrackAsset' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)...

... and similar errors for a whole bunch of other Timeline related classes.

Btw, I did delete the Asset Store version of Cinemachine before installing it via PackageManager. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times now but no dice.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  5. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

https://forum.unity.com/threads/201...t-see-timeline-namespace.593515/#post-3965404