Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Unity 2022.2 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are making some changes to the DOTS forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Install Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mazin.J, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Mazin.J

Mazin.J

Hey guys I just download Unity 4.1.5 from here
    http://unity3d.com/unity/download/download-windows
    The problem is that whenever I try to install it, the installer just crashes. I have tried to run it as the administrator, tried running it in compatibility modes and even sandboxed but nothing works. I have Windows 7 Professional 32bit and it shows me that default
    "Unity 4.1.5f1 Installer has stopped working"
    I'm new to Unity and would really love if someone could help me. I'm posting the problem details belows

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: UnitySetup-4.1.5.exe
    Application Version: 4.1.5.0
    Application Timestamp: 388946f9
    Fault Module Name: UnitySetup-4.1.5.exe
    Fault Module Version: 4.1.5.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 388946f9
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00081eb5
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

2. Glockenbeat

Glockenbeat

Did you try to download it again? The installation file might be corrupt.

3. Annihlator

Annihlator

It seems more like an access violation caused by the likes of antivir...
    Do you have any antivirus products enabled? Try disabling them (In the case of Norton, please kill it with fire... just kidding)

If the answer to all of the above was no, or it didn't work, do you have any Download Accelerator's or the likes installed? Get rid of them.

The usual advice to Cthousand5's like this would be to also check the following;
    - Check wether drivers are up to date AND official
    - Check wether DirectX is complete (In case of doubts, also seperately install the redistributable 9.0C version for windows 7/8)
    However i usually have more doubt with those fixes as they both rarely are the cause and it's the most basic advice for these errors ;)

If you can find Crashdumps/Crashlogs and post them we might be able to find out more!

4. Mazin.J

Mazin.J

I'm downloading it again and hopefully it'll work this time;)....I only have Malware Bytes and I tried disabling it too unfortunately nothing changed. I downloaded Unity using IDM and maybe that was the reason for the crashes. I'm also pretty sure that my DirectX is complete and my drivers are up to date. I'd like to add one thing though the machine that I'm using ATM has a intel 82945G chipset:( ( I know how bad it is but its just until the end of the week) So can this cause Unity to crash?

5. Annihlator

Annihlator

I wouldn't be surprised if unity crashes because of the chipset, however i'd imagine it should be supported (for the low tech dev?) since it supports SM2.0+ anyways... or at least not to crash in the installation process but when launching instead.

6. cyberWorks

cyberWorks

hey annihlator i am a new member in the unity forums i downloaded unity 4.1.5 but when trying to open the installer it gives that error :"this application has failed to start because application configuration is incorrect.reinstalling this application may fix the problem it wont let me open the installer .
    NOTE:i have a dell latitude d610 laptop with a intel 915gm video card 1.5ghz and shader model 2.0 and 128Mb of video memory and i am sure it shuld work + i tried to install visual c++ 2005 ,2008,2010 packages and reinstalling .NET framework 4.0 and it still wont workk plzzz help..regards :*