Search Unity

Bug Can't install Unity via Hub. "Available: 0 bytes"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by dpt2, Jan 19, 2022.

1. dpt2

dpt2

upload_2022-1-19_12-18-8.png

Should've kept v3.0.0 in beta :/ I wish Unity would stop rushing releases; this has been a norm for years I hope to see break one day.

1. https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2020.1.9
    2. Install in Hub link
    3. This popup in screenshot above.
    4. Click anything you want - you won't be able to progress because apparently my drive has 0 bytes free.

Repro'd every time.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. daikoun2

daikoun2

Experiencing same thing.
    I somehow downloaded unity editor after, but I couldn't even open the project with it through the hub.

3. Cireciao

Cireciao

The editor sets to default for installing versions a non-existing disk, I changed it and it works perfectly now

safert and felizj17 like this.
  4. alideke699

alideke699

Bunun neden olduğunu anlamıyorum

5. jyabrow_bv

jyabrow_bv

I had this same problem today, where the Hub showed "Available: 0 bytes" and wouldn't allow any installs. In my case, the cause turned out to be Windows Defender--it apparently wasn't allowing Unity Hub access the disk, so the Hub was somehow receiving or defaulting to a value of 0 bytes. Normally when an app attempts to install something or change system settings, Windows Defender will put up a full screen prompt requiring you to confirm before proceeding. For some reason this wasn't happening when installing Unity vis the Hub.

The only way I could get it working was to try changing the install location (gear -> Preferences -> Installs -> Installs Location). Once I tried to save a new installs location, only then did Windows Defender come up with the full-screen prompt. After I clicked "yes", the Hub's install "Available: " display showed the actual free bytes (like 80GB), and I was able to install Unity editor after that.

Sparrow001 likes this.
  6. Droup_Akax

Droup_Akax

I Changed the disk to the newest 3.4.1 but it says only 46.23 MB of space :confused:

7. Droup_Akax

Droup_Akax

I figured out how to fix it on my mac! On Unity hub, I clicked the gear and then changed install location to documents. Now I have 730.62 GB of space! Try it!

8. arya2588

arya2588

Hey that's work thank you