Search Unity

Cant install Unity Tools for Visual Studio 2019

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by der_Durchgepeitschte, Apr 3, 2019.

1. der_Durchgepeitschte

der_Durchgepeitschte

Hi guys,
    i have major problems with my Visual Studio. I want to install the Unity Tools on Visual Studio 2019, but i get the error you can see in the attached picture.
    It says that i can´t activate the tools because they want some "Visual Studio MPF 15.0" and i haven´t found anything anywhere to solve this problem.
    Maybe you guys can help, please?

Best regards

Attached Files:

RustyCrow and nickeron like this.
  2. GeoffBot

GeoffBot

Same. I reverted to VS2017 and everything is good again. Going to wait a while before trying 2019 again.

ASSASSIN3473 and zetaFairlight like this.
  3. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Hello,

This is an issue with VS2019 that should be corrected soon. You should hit this issue only if you tried to disable/re-enable the extension.

As a workaround, you should try to close VS, then go to:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Visual Studio Tool for Unity

And edit the file extension.vsixmanifest, removing the line:
    <Dependency Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.MPF.15.0" DisplayName="Visual Studio MPF 15.0" .... />

Regards
    Sebastien Lebreton [MSFT]

albertyllo90 likes this.
  4. billg1955

billg1955

There is no sub directory named Visual Studio Tools for Unity inside of Extensions. Yet i do have the extension in my Visual Studio. I just can't enable it.

5. Orimay

Orimay

Try C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Visual Studio Tools for Unity

6. billg1955

billg1955

Perfect Kender. Thank you very much. The extension is now enabled.

7. andrewhoke

andrewhoke

Support for 2019 seems very hit or miss. The plugin doesn't work half the time for me.

8. strich

strich

This doesn't work for me. I still can't enable the extension with the same dependency error.

9. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Could you try to upgrade your VS 2019 installation. 16.1 was released today and should fix your issue.

strich likes this.
  10. Skyblade

Skyblade

I could not get VS 2019 working with Unity either. Files are being opened with the Notepad, extension association is lost.
    I made an association manually using WIndows, but Unity opens just the file I clicked, not the whole solution like VS 2017.
    So I reverted to 2017 for now.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity is installed directly in "C:\Program Files (x86)" for me on Windows 7 SP1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio" just contains a "Installer" directory full of .dll alongside three folders.