Search Unity

Can't install Unity. "Not enough free space".

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by UrsinhoMalvado, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Should read through the previous posts. You didn't say how much space you have free, and Unity needs space not only where you will install it, but also where your temp folder is located (which by default is on C: ) so it can download/decompress during the install process. So you could have 10 TB free on D: and still run into a not enough disk space issue if the location where temp files go is full.

2. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

3. hk1ll3r

hk1ll3r

[Windows 10] I was having the same issue. I tried installing a bare version (no additional modules like android build support, ios build suport, etc.). The bare install worked! I could then add the additional modules. Hope this helps.

4. Northmaen

Northmaen

[Pop!_OS 20.04] [Hub 2.4.2] I've got the same problem, plenty of space available but can't install. Even a bare minimal install won't work. The folder I'm trying to install to has all privileges. I restarted Hub and my computer without success.

EDIT: It seems like the Flatpak version is broken. The AppImage version seems to work fine, I was able to install by replacing the Flatpak version of the hub by the AppImage one.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  5. Scorpmine14

Scorpmine14

Yeah for me on my Windows 10 I have 737gb free and I cant install unity which is asking for 10.47 gb, bruh that's just dumb

6. Scorpmine14

Scorpmine14

how do I add them after installation

7. hk1ll3r

hk1ll3r

After installation, go to Unity Hub -> Installs tab -> three dots menu of the Unity install -> Add Modules

8. DragonBorn_007_

DragonBorn_007_

Hi. Thank you for your script however I am having issues running it. Could you give me any advice.

Attached Files:

9. gkotzam

gkotzam

The simplest solution For Linux user: run terminal and resize /tmp folder (sudo mount -o remount,size=50G,noatime /tmp)
    For windows go via system settings and find the propertie that resize the same folder

viseztrance likes this.
  10. viseztrance

viseztrance

Thank you! Though in my case (Fedora), I had to run "sudo mount -o remount,size=20G,noatime /run/user/1000"
    (Found it via `df -h`)

11. Hasini_Madhuwanthi

Hasini_Madhuwanthi

I like to share my experience, when I downloading unity, it shows same error. After restarting the machine it works.

12. leandrovondoom

leandrovondoom

Thanks. This works here.

13. katzeyurei

katzeyurei

If you're using linux just do this command
    sudo mount -o remount,size=5G /tmp/

it worked for me, if it still doesn't work try to increase the size

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  14. Laym_

Laym_

FIX: Reinstall your unity hub then make sure the path when you istall it is set to the Least filled drive/disk

15. Conspicuous_

Conspicuous_

Also worked for me. Thanks!

16. Kolsaka

Kolsaka

can they just read their forums and help us out and fix it? lol

EthanFischer likes this.
  17. Rodolfo_Fiais

Rodolfo_Fiais

I figured it out: this is a problem if you use a separate home partition.
    UnityHub uses the /tmp folder in the root partition during instalation, so while your home partition may have a lot of free space, if the root partition has less than 15gb of free space, it will not install.
    The workaround is to create a folder in your home partition for Unity to use and execute UnityHub with TMPDIR=<path to enough space> (thanks T_D_R).

Could the developers update the installer so it uses the Unity Editors Folder for instalation too?

EthanFischer likes this.
  18. EthanFischer

EthanFischer

Yeah I wanted to see how well Unity works with Linux, but this is unfortunately a significant roadbump. I'm using virtualbox and linux mint and just added a new partition with 100GB space. Unforunately my home partition is low on space so it makes sense that I'm getting this error, but all the suggestions about setting TEMP=<path to enough space> aren't working

19. NiRoU21

NiRoU21

This worked for me.

20. KtheVeg

KtheVeg

I found some weird way to get it to work

I used the Unity Beta channel (version 3.0.0beta.6)

I created a Symlink from my home folder to my external drive (With many hundreds of GB available)

Then in the settings, set my install and temp location to my external drive, following the symlink to my personal drive

Then I restarted Unity Hub. When it starts and you don't have anything installed, it will automatically prompt you to install Unity Editor. Installing it from that prompt made it work. Took it long enough

21. DmRafaule

DmRafaule

For those who using linux ( I'm using Arch BTW :) ) Change your download directory from /tmp/unityhub to any other location /tmp folder has limits, up to 100 MB. So good luck

22. Iklon

Iklon

I had this same issue on linux. I fixed this by removing some unneeded files in my temp folder (where unity was downloading the versions).

23. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

That was EXACTLY my issue thank you!

24. realstigl

realstigl

Hello guys, i had same issue but it seems like when you install Unity 2020.3 without any other build platforms(yet) and set temp directory to ~/Unity/tmp and then install it it works

25. Dylpickle635

Dylpickle635