Search Unity

Can't install app

Discussion in 'Android' started by Farol, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Farol

Farol

Hi, i'm made alpha test in g console and tried install app in play market from 5 different accounts, all accounts have a message "This app is incompatible with all of your devices".

G support said :
    "It’s against Google Payments policies to download your own paid-app or purchase in-app items from the application, and you'll receive an error message if you try to purchase your own app on Google Play"

but i tried make install from 5 accounts, and I can't do it. May be my unity has broken?

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

What is your device on which you try to install the app and which Unity version did you use?

3. Farol

Farol

unity 2017.3.1f1
    asus tablet
    i can install any apps but only not mine

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Can you be more specific about what tablet is that. What is the model name / number, what android version does it have?
    Also are you able to install that app from the Unity editor directly? What happens if you press build and run inside the editor? If you'll get an error, please copy-paste it as well.

5. Farol

Farol

assus fonepad 7
    android 5.0.1
    i can install my app from unity

my app doesn't show errors

6. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Ok, since you can install the application from within Unity editor, that means you have either changed some configuration parameters between the version which you have uploaded to Google Play and the version you have right now in the editor, or there are some specific Google Play requirements which your tablet doesn't meet.
    If you have done some project configuration changes after you have uploaded your alpha version to the Google Play store, try to re-upload again after making sure you can install the application from Unity editor. Also if you have access to a different device, try installing there. Finally check the Google Play store settings for your app. Check if you haven't enabled some filters which would make app unavailable on your device.
    Since you can "Build and Run" your project in Unity editor, this definitely does not look like the issue with Unity. Please try some of the things I've mentioned above, hopefully something will help you to find the reason.

7. verybinary

verybinary

also check to make sure you don't have the bar set too high in the build sdk
    the google message about buying your own blah blah blah might be boiler plate

are you trying to install from local? or from google play.
    even if local, it will reject it if using a different or no signing key.
    is any version of it already installed? maybe a previous build?

8. Farol

Farol

i try install from play market with galaxy s7 and assus fonepad 7 from 5 accounts

9. verybinary

verybinary

do you have a previous version with a different signing key(or none) installed on your phone?
    in the project settings, what did you choose for minimum version? and what version do you have?

You don't have an install error, you have a "youre not allowed to do this" error from google. You might have locked yourself out during build