Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Can't install 2021.20a14

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by rmb303, Apr 21, 2021.

1. rmb303

rmb303

I can't install 2021.2.0a14 via the Hub.
    I can go to 'installs', click 'Add', select the latest Alpha 14, and it starts to download.
    After the blue download line gets to the end, the icon for it just disappears.
    Tried twice now, after restarting the Hub, and this still happens; and I can't find a14 near where a13 is located.
    This is my first time installing Unity via the Hub on a new M1 Mac mini, so maybe that is the issue?
    Alpha13 opens, and seems to work just fine.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

3. rmb303

rmb303

Hi @LeonhardP,

I've opened the last log for the date I tried to install, and there are five errors listed, but this one (in twice) looks relevant:
    {"moduleName":"UnityInstallerMac","level":"warn","message":"[ ' Error while installing the Editor',\n { error:\n { code: 'MISSING_DESTINATION',\n message: 'The install destination was invalid or missing.' } }

Turns out that the Hub had 'forgotten' where my editor installs were, even though it could open the a13 that was already there with no issues.

After informing the Hub where my installs were to go (same folder where a13 is), I tried again, but it still failed in the same way.

In the latest log the same error is there:
    {"moduleName":"UnityInstallerMac","level":"warn","message":"[ ' Error while installing the Editor',\n { error:\n { code: 'MISSING_DESTINATION',\n message: 'The install destination was invalid or missing.' } } ]","timestamp":"2021-04-23T19:09:57.684Z"}

Please help!

4. rmb303

rmb303

Solved the issue with help from Brad at Unity.
    The issue was that using Migration Assistant to copy all my files etc from my old Mac to the new one has messed up the permissions of the Unity folder.
    I used BatChmod (free useful utility) to assign that folder and all enclosed ones to my user/admin account.
    I am now able to install a14, and run it.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out with Brad's help!