Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't import video file (convert to Movie Texture)

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by HugoZandel, Nov 25, 2014.

1. HugoZandel

HugoZandel

Hello,

I've just installed the lastest unity 5 beta 14.

I can't seem to be able to convert a mp4 file into a movie texture. I have quicktime and it's working in Unity 4.

Thanks

2. HugoZandel

HugoZandel

3. HugoZandel

HugoZandel

Anyone having this issue. Videos in StreamingAssets folder doesn't seem to work. So just put them somewhere else.

TeamZero likes this.
  4. TeamZero

TeamZero

I just experienced the same issue. MP4's in the StreamingAssets folder were ignored. I moved the MP4's to my Resources folder and now Unity found them.

Is this a bug? Or is Unity going to start handling videos differently with version 5.0? The current documentation still says to keep your videos in the StreamingAssets folder.

5. TeamZero

TeamZero

Well I tried copying an MP4 to be in both StreamingAssets & Resources (hoping to make it work on both PC and mobile), but am getting the following error:

unityError.png

Not sure how to prevent the project from seeing the MovieTexture when building for iOS. I was hoping it would just ignore the file, instead of refusing to build.

6. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

Yeah, I'm always hoping that, but unfortunately no.

7. TeamZero

TeamZero

Quick update. I moved the MP4 from the Resources folder to a new folder called Videos, and now it will build for iOS without the "'MovieTexture' is not supported" error.

8. McSwan

McSwan

Right click movie file and go reimport.