Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't import Cinema4D Plugin into Unity 2019.1

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by pccross, Jul 7, 2019.

1. pccross

pccross

As I understand it, the first time you drop a Cinema4d file into Unity project, it will install the Cinema 4d Converter plug-in.
    However, I continue to get this error in 2019.1:
    "Cinema 4D converter plugin installation failed. Please run Unity as an Administrator to have the plugin installed."

I've tried right clicking on Unity and 'Running as Administrator', but nothing works.
    My guess is Unity Hub is starting in admin mode, but launching 2019.1 as non-admin.
    Whenever I go into ProgramFiles directory and then specific Unity versions directory, I find the Unity Editor Exe for 2019.1, but when I try to launch it, it seems Unity Hub still starts first.

Anyone see this before?

2. Mauri

Mauri

Have you tried...

Right-click on the Editor .exe > Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box "Run this program as an administrator"

?

3. pccross

pccross

Yes, I tried that also. Unfortunately, Unity Hub shows error of "Application File Path .... cannot be opened" if I set that compatibility tab property.

4. designico

designico

Some problem here :/ Any solution founded ??

5. designico

designico

My solution: Deinstall Unity Hub. Then start your Unity Version as administrator. Then it should work. In my case I'll try to change every c4d file to FBX to avoid more problems in the future.

pccross likes this.
  6. HosseinArabbeigi

HosseinArabbeigi

My problem fixed with this scenario:

1. For this to work, Unity Hub also has to run as Administrator.
      • Go to the Installation folder of UnityHub and open properties (Alt + Enter) of
        UnityHub.exe
      • Open the "Compatibility" tab, there you will find a checkbox
        Run as administrator
    2. Now we can do the same for Unity.
      • Go to the "Editor" folder of the Unity installation you want to run as administrator.
      • Set Administrator settings for
        Unity.exe
        (see instructions above)
    3. Fully exit Unity and Unity Hub
    4. Restart Unity Hub, you should see the Windows dialogue for "Run as administrator"
    5. Open a project using the Unity version you customized and Unity will have Admin permissions.
    6. If you have problem with dropping objects to Unity, it happens when unity is running as admin, you can just copy and past your files directly using explorer instead of direct dropping.