Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Can't hear the audio

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by RayanAziz11, Nov 3, 2022.

1. RayanAziz11

RayanAziz11

So, I recently linked my project with vivox and using the demo scene , providing my all credientals and yeah, its working. The chat system is also up and running but I can't listen any voice over the network, on console debug, I do see the Speech event callback delievered which means that voice signal was triggered but the audio was not sent over the network and other client couldn't hear it.

I am using the VivoxVoiceManager.cs provided as the demo scene. But, audio is not working at all. Thanks

2. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

Are you testing on the same machine or multiple? Are you using .Net 4xxx in build settings? Is your system mic and speaker/headphone output setup correctly?

3. RayanAziz11

RayanAziz11

I am using .Net Standard 2.1

and I tried in both same machine and different machine and it didin't work

4. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

I tested on Net Framework 2.1 and it works for me as well. If the text chat and the audio/speech callback event is working, I think it has to do with your Mic setup. Are you using external mic or headphones with mic or the mic in your laptop? Also are you using Windows or Mac. With windows I know how to mess with audio device settings, Mac I do not.