Search Unity

Cant get Vuforia/Unity to display my 3D object on target image (webcam)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by TrainstationSE, Jul 5, 2018.

1. TrainstationSE

TrainstationSE

I'm trying to get Unity and Vuforia to work together with spawning a 3D object on a targeted AR image. I try it thru my webcam and everything is settled. When I put my AR target image in front of the camera, a 3D object is supposed to spawn in the camera. In tutorials and forums everyone talks about checking two things in the ARcam inspector called: Load databasename and another called Activate.

The problem is that I'm stuck in is that an update took these choices away from the program. And I guess it is replaced with something else somewhere in Unity. The part where I want to load the 3D object when I cam the targeted image. So my question is: Is there anyone out there who work with this and know how do I activate the function? Cause I can't find anything in forums or elsewhere. Could be that the update is rather new, but every tutorial is based on the previous version of Unity.

Also, when I check the console log, it reacts to the target image and when I move it away it says "lost" so I know that part works. But as I said before, nothing spawns on it. And I followed a tutorial where it works in the previous version of Unity, therefore I don't think there is any problems with sizes of the target or the 3D object.

sankyrahul likes this.