Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

can't Get Updated Official Releases

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by TheDewey, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TheDewey

TheDewey

on varying computers, we can't seem to get updated releases. some stop at 2017.2, others stop at 2018.2 and they also refuse to download anything.

I think the situation is related to my other problem with the Unity Package manager.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/stuck-on-resolving-packages.544269/

I couldn't find the realeases.json file that was mentioned in some of the other threads.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Hub is checking the releases periodically, and save them in the releases.json that mentioned in other threads.
    If Hub fails to download the releases (e.g. network issues), it falls back to a default list (which is not necessarily up to date). That's probably why you don't see that file, and you get an old list.
    To investigate why the releases endpoint is not reachable, I would like to take a look into your logs.
    Would you please log a bug through the bug reporter (accessible from tray menu) or send me your logs to me through a direct message?
    Logs will be collected automatically by bug reporter, but you can find them here:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

Please do not share your logs in the thread and send a private message to me.

Thanks a lot

3. TheDewey

TheDewey

Cool, sent the requested information through your bug reporting tool.

thanks!