Search Unity

Can't get Dimensions to show up

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by noio, Nov 12, 2018.

1. noio

noio

I'm adding a few dimensions, similar to how UnityUserReporting.cs does it, but I can't see them on the Cloud Diagnostics dashboard.

Is that just still missing because Cloud Diagnostics is in beta?

Code (CSharp):
    1. br.Dimensions.Add(new UserReportNamedValue("Category", category.ToString("G")));
    3. // Dimensions
    4. string platform = "Unknown";
    5. string version = "0.0";
    6. foreach (var deviceMetadata in br.DeviceMetadata)
    7. {
    8.     // ReSharper disable once SwitchStatementMissingSomeCases
    9.     switch (deviceMetadata.Name)
    10.     {
    11.         case "Platform":
    12.             platform = deviceMetadata.Value;
    13.             break;
    14.         case "Version":
    15.             version = deviceMetadata.Value;
    16.             break;
    17.     }
    18. }
    20. br.Dimensions.Add(new UserReportNamedValue("Platform.Version", $"{platform}.{version}"));

2. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

Dimensions should be working correctly, but there's a few things to keep in mind. One, a single report is limited to 3 dimensions. Anything more than this will be discarded. Two, dimensions are cached for about an hour. If you visited the dashboard shortly before submitting the report, you might need to wait for the server-side cache to update.

3. noio

noio

That is odd! I'm only sending a single dimension by the name of "Category".

I do not see it anywhere on the overview or on specific reports. Is it supposed to also show up under "Metadata"?

Also, I do not get the dropdown that the documentation shows, is it supposed to be where I circled on this screenshot?

Finally: the dates seem to be messed up (also on the screenshot). Does that mean I am forgetting to include a date field somehow? Or is that a bug in the backend?

4. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

Thanks for the additional info. This looks like it might be a client side issue. The dimensions are there but the selector is not displaying. We'll try to get a fix out as soon as possible.

The date issue should be corrected within the next 24 hours.

5. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

This was fixed on Friday, November 16th. If you have any issues since that date, please let me know.

6. noio

noio

Hi Brett,

Nothing has changed.

- I do not see dimensions.
    - All dates are reported as 1/1/1.

Or do the fixes only apply to reports submitted from November 16th and later?

7. noio

noio

Okay, the dates are actually showing up for fresh reports. So that is working :)

But I cannot see the dropdown for dimensions, nor do I see my submitted dimension anywhere on the User Report details page.

I'm submitting a dimension like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. br.Dimensions.Add(new UserReportNamedValue("Category", "Bug"));
    2. // I thought that "Category" might be a reserved name, but below doesn't work either
    3. br.Dimensions.Add(new UserReportNamedValue("Categoryzz","Bug"));

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  8. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

We don't currently display them on the details page. Can you download the report and see if the JSON contains the dimensions? It'll be a top level field.

9. noio

noio

Thanks for checking in again. Without any further action, today the dimensions are finally showing up! (Also for earlier reports)

And yes: the dimensions were in the JSON files for all of the reports too.

Anyway, great that it works now! Thanks :)

10. cri-watanabed

cri-watanabed

I am also sending some Dimension, but I am in trouble because Dimension is not displayed as intended.
    The sent Dimension is displayed in the "Select a Dimension" box, but the sent Value is not displayed in the "Select a Value" box.

As shown in the message above, I waited about an hour after sending, but it is not displayed.
    Is there a limit to the number of values sent?

noio likes this.
  11. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

There shouldn't be a limit to the value drop down. Are the dimensions appearing as you expect them to in the report? Keep in mind that you're limited to three dimensions per report.

12. cri-watanabed

cri-watanabed

Yes. I downloaded the report in JSON format and checked it, but it contained Dimension and Value as expected.

13. noio

noio

Apologies for reviving this again, but the Dimensions filter is still not working as I'd expect.

The dropdown "Select a Dimension" is there and lets me select the dimension, however only a single value of this dimension is actually in the "Select a Value" dropdown. The other two are missing. I have downloaded the JSON and verified that the missing values are in there:

Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "name": "Report.Category",
    3.   "value": "Bug"
    4. },
    6. // and
    8. {
    9.   "name": "Report.Category",
    10.   "value": "Dislike"
    11. },
    But all I see is:

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 09.02.31.png

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @noio, are you still experiencing this issue where not all of your Dimension values are appearing in the dropdown? Often times, this is an issue of a server delay where it takes time for the other entries to populate the list and want to confirm if that's the issue here.

15. noio

noio

Hi Ryan,

I can now see all the dimensions, but it must have taken quite a long time for them to appear! I remembered that server processing was sometimes an issue, so I did wait a while the first time.

But all good now :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.