Search Unity

Bug Can't get ARKit plugin to work

Discussion in 'AR' started by Jelmer123, May 5, 2021.

1. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

I have done many many mobile AR projects in Unity and yet today I'm struggling again to get things setup in a new project.

I have ARKit XR Plugin 4.1.7 installed as a package. But when I press the ARKit checkmark in the XR Plug-in management window, I reverts to 2.1.18 and I get errors that things are not the right version. obviously.

So my question today: WHY does the latest "ARKit plug-in management" changes what version of ARKit I'm trying to use?

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 17.01.37.png

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

So because I installed version 2.1.18 of the "ARKit XR Plugin" a loooong time , the "XR plug-in management" doesn't understand that I might want to load the currently installed version of the plugin instead of the first ever installed version.
    Maybe update some code? :D

So the "solutions" is to delete your whole project and start from scratch, and make sure that you pick the right version of the ARKit plugin the very first time, or you're doomed. :D

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

XR Plug-in Management will only ever check for and install the verified version of a package for the Unity release version you are running if the package is not already installed. For 2019 (which I assume is what you are running) is 2.1.18. If Management does not find that version of the package it will install the verified version. If the package is installed it shouldn't be installing anything.

If you installed Verified ARKit first, you should be able to manually upgrade ARKit through package manager to 4.1.17 without any issues. I did this locally with a new project and it worked just fine. Toggling ARKit on/off didn't change anything.

If this is not the flow that you are seeing, then please file a bug with a repro project and post the case if here.

Jelmer123 likes this.