Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can't get a project from the cloud in Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rafarel, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hi there,

I have Unity teams advance and I have shared a project a team member that have a seat in my organisation as a user and he is in my project users.

On Unity hub, the project does not appear in the "in the coud" tab.

I've already done this with a few members with no issue, I don't understand what its going on?

2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Sounds like you have setup everything correctly.

If the project is not even appearing in the "In the Cloud" list that means that the user that is logged into the hub isn't a project member (but per your description, they should be).

A couple things to check/do:

1) Restart the Hub
    2) Have the user re-login into the Hub (and check that the user's login is the one you gave project access to)

3. Rafarel

Rafarel

I finally found out why... I fact, the collaboration is turning off alone... Please look at my attached screenshot.
    Collaborate is at off and I have to re enable it every time.
    So when it is at off my teammates are not able to push / pull.
    It is a serious issue since we have lost hours stuck without being able to pull the work of another mate.
    Unity collaborate could be a great tool, it needs to be robust because you must have trust your source control tool.
    Please focus effort on the stabilisation of this service :)
    Have a nice day guys! I have faith you'll succeed ;)

Attached Files:

kek0, eskivor and Ryan-Unity like this.
  4. Rafarel

Rafarel

We have done all these things several times, we also re install the hub, we were desperate :(

This morning the service was disabled again ... So if you look at the attached file here what my teammates have in the service tab.

Attached Files:

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Rafarel! Thank you for bringing that bug to our attention. The second image you attached shows that your link was lost, which appears to be an issue with the Services Window. Unfortunately, that also affects Collab's connection, so we'll look into that as well. In the meantime, re-linking and re-enabling Collab should restore things to working order. Please let us know if they continue to happen.

6. Rafarel

Rafarel

Please help us ! It is impossible to collaborate right now, my teammate have the message : "Cannot enable collaboration toolbar". He is in the project team, have a seat, he has already pulled the project the other day. Today he can't pull the new version because of this message, please help this is killing us!

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

@Rafarel could you please submit a Support Ticket so that we can get your project ID and better diagnose what's happening to your project? We want to get this sorted out right away.

8. Rafarel

Rafarel

Done
    Thanks for helping me

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  9. Chris_Payne_QS

Chris_Payne_QS

I'm experiencing the same problem on a project I haven't worked on for a couple of months. The rest of the team are fine.
    While I was away they upgraded to 2018.3, which may be relevant?

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Chris! Are you unable to see your project in the In the Cloud tab of the Hub while your teammates are? Have you checked that Collaborate is enabled on the Developer Dashboard for your project? Also, have you double checked that you were assigned a Teams seat? You can check that from the Settings->Users tab of your project on the Developer Dashboard.

11. briangerhards

briangerhards

This thread is a little old... but I thought I would share my 2 cents. I ran into an issue where my scene was becoming corrupted after Unity froze. I deleted my game directory locally and tried to pull it down again from the cloud, same as the OP. The game no longer showed up as an available project. So I ran across this post, and saw that the OP mentioned collaborate no longer being enabled. That was my case today. I verified collaborate was enabled, and it was not, through the Unity dashboard. I re-enabled it and I was able to immediately find the game and download it.

I asked another developer if they turned off collaborate and they mentioned they had to turn it back on for the same reason not too long ago. So, it looks like this is still an issue today.

12. Slakkedis

Slakkedis

13. sacb0y

sacb0y

I'm currently having this issue

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @sacb0y, can you double check that Collaborate is enabled for your Project? Do you have a teammate that is unable to view the Project from the Hub? Can you verify that they have been assigned a Teams seat in the Developer Dashboard for the Project?

15. DaviDeMo

DaviDeMo

I have the same issue:
    I have a teammate that is unable to view the Project from the Hub. And he is unable to download it.
    I did not change anything, from today it's not working anymore. I checked twice my project on Unity dashboard and he is still in. I tried to remove him and add him again but nothing. He logged out and logged in back unity hub and now he is trying to reinstall it.
    He sees his personal cloud project but not the team project-

16. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @DaviDeMo, when your teammate opened the Hub, did they make sure to press the Refresh button at the bottom to show Projects that haven't been downloaded yet? It can take a few seconds for that option to appear and could be hidden behind messages to Update or check their license if they haven't been dismissed first. Did you also double check that your teammate was granted a Teams seat on the Unity Dashboard?

17. DaviDeMo

DaviDeMo

Yes, it was not working :-(
    He had to create a new empty project, link it with the cloud project and start collab. Unity hub was not showing the cloud project until yesterday...

18. feniks270392

feniks270392

Yes. i have same problem. I have collaborate project. And after Collab update Unity crashed. So i'm delete local project directory and can't to restore it from cloud using Unity Hub. And what i need to do now? i need work with project and have no idea how to restore it.

19. sacb0y

sacb0y

I was only able to fix this problem cause luckily, I had a old version of the project on one of my drives so i loaded that, fixed the setting and now it shows up!

This really needs to be fixed!

20. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @feniks270392, are you still not able to see your Project on the Hub? Did you restart the Hub to let it refresh its list of Projects?

21. feniks270392

feniks270392

yes. i have 2 PC with 1 work account. Story was at home PC and still can't see my project in hub after deleted. I tried restrt and relogin in hub, but never happens. i download full archive from Dashboard and continue to work with project at home.
    On another PC all work fine - i download my project using Unity Hub without problems.
    (Sorry for my English - not my native language)

22. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

(No need to apologize about your English, I can understand you just fine.)
    So you're saying that one of your PCs does not see your Project in the Hub while your other PC does. Does the first PC have any firewalls or VPNs running? If you do, then could you try disabling them and restarting the Hub to see if your project appears? Are you sure that you're signed into the same account on both of your machines?

23. pro756x

pro756x

Hi, I just started using unity and i got my friend to join me and we wanted to do a collaborate so we could make a game together, But when i upload the game Unity makes a copy and puts it in 3D and gives that to my friend, He gets everything i upload except that his project is in 3D and mine is not.
    Please let me know if there are any fixes to this bug

24. Publicus

Publicus

I can't see any of my projects in unity hub other than the last project i worked on which was for a different organisation.
    I've restarted unity hub and logged in and out but they still don't come up. They're still there in the dashboard page. Is there anyway I can download them and work on them?

25. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Publicus, did you make sure to click on the Refresh button at the bottom of the Hub window so that the projects that you haven't downloaded yet can be displayed? You may need to dismiss other messages displayed at the bottom if you don't see the option to refresh.

26. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

We're having the same problem here. This is for a free untity org that I use for hobbyist things, next to the orgs I'm in for professional collab purposes.

27. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Thygrrr, I'm sorry you're having issues finding your projects in the Unity Hub. So that I can understand the problem you're running into, did you create a project in your free Unity org that is not showing up on other machines or for your teammates in the Hub?

28. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

Yes, I created a project in my "Game Jamming" org, where I added the other user.

The project ID even visible in other projects to them (e.g. when going into the cloud build settings, they could pick it from the override there).

Just Unity hub never let us check it out on their machine. Hub would regularly show "There are new cloud projects, click refresh to show them", but then not show anything new.

We tried with user and manager access, both to no avail.

We ultimately solved it via classic USB stick sneaker transfer and then they could without problems push and pull to unity collaborate.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  29. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That is very bizarre that your projects weren't showing up in the Hub for your teammates after publishing it via Collab. If you run into that issue again then I strongly encourage you to reach out to our Support team to help figure out what's going on. You can do that by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

30. ceitel

ceitel

@ryanc-unity Same problem with Unity Hub 2.4.0, Unity 2020.1.6
    1) unity collab was saying it had conflicts with 0 conflicts
    2) attempted to solve by deleting some project folders -- this caused another cannot move file error in the editor
    3) deleted entire project folder
    4) in unity hub, selected Remove from list
    5) can no longer get it to show the cloud version of same project.
    6) have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Hub twice, no luck
    7) project still exists on my second computer, have turned collab off and back on again for that project from that machine
    8) have tried pushing a small change to collab from second machine
    9) no cloud project visible on 1st machine

is there a config file somewhere that doesn't get removed with uninstall that would have the project on a "do-not-list" list since I selected "Remove from list"?

Also: what's up with Unity editor showing conflicts with 0 conflicts?

31. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ceitel, I'm sorry you've been running into these issues. When removing a project from your list in the Hub, if Collab is still enabled for your project then you should see it listed in gray on the project list so that you can re-download it. That's very strange that you're not seeing it anymore. Are any of your cloud projects listed on your 1st machine?

As for the Editor showing conflicts with 0 actual conflicts, that is definitely a bug. Are you able to reproduce that issue? If it happens again, could you try closing and reopening the Collab window to see if that clears the error?

32. ceitel

ceitel

Yes, I am seeing other projects in gray, just not the one I "removed" from the list, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the hub, and after pressing the sync button at the bottom . I'm just going to copy the project over from my other machine manually

Here is a link to another user having the same 0 conflict - conflict issue:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/1774455/unity-collaborate-alerting-me-of-conflicts-when-th.html

I tried everything from reconnecting the project to an entire system reboot and it would still have the 0 conflict error

33. Aladine

Aladine

Am having the same issue as @ceitel, the project which my teammate just pushed to collaborate doesnt appear anymore simply because i deleted the local version, i have every other non-downloaded project appears in gray, but this project in particular doesnt exists, i tried everything from restarting unity hub to updating it to logout/login, still no luck, is there ANY way to download my project when unity hub is failing ?

ceitel likes this.
  34. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Aladine, that is very weird and should not be happening. I'd recommend asking the Hub team why your project isn't appearing after removing it from your project list.

35. Aladine

Aladine

done, thanks

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  36. NinjaTheEngineer

NinjaTheEngineer

This made it for me

37. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

I am trying to add a friend to my project he can see it in the hub but the downlod button is replaced with a warning sign that tales him to get unity teams

38. AliBuck

AliBuck

Had the same issue.
    Here's the solution. Make sure you have your project in the list of projects in the web dashboard.
    Go to Unity Hub App. Create a new empty project in the Hub. Open it. Go to Edit - Project settings - Services. Link new project. Select your organization and then your project from the list.
    Go to Collab and turn it on. Sync.

39. RyanMillares

RyanMillares

oh my god thank you so much this worked, I have been trying for a week relogging and all that and this finally worked!

AliBuck likes this.
  40. lvulcanis

lvulcanis

Thank you AliBuck, it worked for me too.

AliBuck likes this.