Search Unity

Can't get 2D sprite animations to transition properly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by PhantomFox128, Jul 1, 2020.

1. PhantomFox128

PhantomFox128

I'm making a 2D platformer with hand drawn sprites and I'm trying to get the player character to animate with smooth transitions when jumping. Right now, I'm trying to get the character to play a landing animation when they hit the ground without moving, but the system refuses to play it.
    For some context:
    I have a fall animation, a landing animation, and an idle animation. I'm also using a template from the asset store to handle all the coding, but it should have all the parameters I need and the developer insists it's a Unity problem.

From the fall to land animation, there's currently a transition with a "HitTheGround" parameter set to true (I've tried using other parameters, but no avail). No exit time, zero on the transition duration (it's purposely animated to look smooth so I can just slot it in). Land to idle has an exit time of 1. In the preview, everything looks fine and I'd imagine that's all I'd have to do, but when testing, the landing animation is completely ignored.

Is there any advice to fix this? I've tried looking through the docs, but I find them to be confusing and a lot of the official tutorials really aren't that great. I've been at this for a couple of days now and it's getting frustrating to say the least.