Search Unity

Cant generate UV's and Invisible meshes vrchat

Discussion in 'World Building' started by drguild, Feb 9, 2020.

1. drguild

drguild

I was building my map fine but now whenever I render the UV's it just doesn't stick and all meshes show as invisible in VRChat when I export with the SDK.

For the UV's (52 meshes missing lightmap UV's)
    Render UV's and lightmap
    Save
    Reopen project
    Nothing changed still the same UV corruption on walls and the 52 meshes missing uv's.

When exporting into VRChat anything Pro Builder Meshes are invisible but look fine in the editor.

2. drguild

drguild

Here is what I mean here is Pro Builder what I have

aspect house pro.JPG

And here is what I see once its uploaded into VRChat

OculusScreenshot1581265036.jpeg

All Pro Builder meshes are missing but I have terrain and assets like a pen prefab still showing.
    The Pro Builder collision data is still there if I recreate the collision tags on all object but meshes aren't showing.

I also tried loading a backup made in 2018.4.13f1 in 2018.4.14f1 but I get the same result as the in-game, no meshes on any Pro Builder object despite it all seeming to be assigned properly.

3. drguild

drguild

Just tried a brand new world with testing a floor made in both Pro Builder and the inbuilt 3D cube.

Pro Builder Cube - Does not show in VRChat
    Unity Cube - Shows in VRChat

Here is a screenshot of what I mean doing a test.\

I am standing on the built in Unity 3d cube object looking at the other cube which is referenced for the Pro Builder Cube object extruded to a floor.
    I can see the cube but not the Pro Builder meshes.

Pro Builder Bug.JPG OculusScreenshot1581329441.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  4. drguild

drguild

Have just confirmed its with the latest Pro Builder update 4.3.0-preview.2 causing the issue.

Reverting a Pro Builder 4.3.0-Preview.2 object to stable 4.2.3 the meshes become invisible.

Below I uninstalled 4.3.0-Preview.2 and rebuilt the Pro Builder cube floor in 4.2.3 and it is showing again.

Unfortunately I have done a lot of extra work on 4.3.0-Preview.2 due to the bug fix with merging meshes and I cant downgrade my Pro Builder scene to get it working in VRChat again.

OculusScreenshot1581330639.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  5. drguild

drguild

Trying to downgrade Pro Builder from 4.3.0-Preview.2 to 4.3.0 -Preview which was working, I get these errors in my log and all Pro Builder meshes are invisible..

MissingComponentException: There is no 'MeshFilter' attached to the "Cylinder" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
    You probably need to add a MeshFilter to the game object "Cylinder". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.get_mesh () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.3.0-preview.0/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMesh.cs:787)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.get_meshSyncState () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.3.0-preview.0/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMesh.cs:804)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.Awake () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.3.0-preview.0/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMeshFunction.cs:48)
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
    VRC.AssetExporter:ExportCurrentSceneResource()
    VRC_SdkBuilder:ExportSceneResource(String)
    VRC_SdkBuilder:ExportSceneResourceAndRun(String)
    VRCSdkControlPanel:OnGUIScene(VRC_SceneDescriptor) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Editor/ControlPanel/VRCSdkControlPanelBuilder.cs:977)
    VRCSdkControlPanel:ShowBuilder() (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Editor/ControlPanel/VRCSdkControlPanelBuilder.cs:249)
    VRCSdkControlPanel:OnGUI() (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Editor/ControlPanel/VRCSdkControlPanel.cs:169)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Downgrading from 4.3.0-preview.2 to anything lower will not work - I will update the changelog to reflect that. A fix for the missing renderers is coming in the next preview.

7. drguild

drguild

Just updated to 4.3.0 Preview 4 nd the latest Unity 2018 everything is working fine again.

I need reset most of mymesh collision data (wishes there was a easier way to reset all disregarding grouping)

kaarrrllll likes this.
  8. drguild

drguild

Invisible meshes fixed uv's I cant rebuilt it keeps reverting and mesh colliders are broken.

9. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Can you please file a bug report with your scene attached?

10. drguild

drguild

Just read your message sure I will.

11. drguild

drguild

So as for this post the invisible UV's are fixed with 4.3.0-Preview4 of Pro Builder and textures are showing.

Though, UV's cant be rebuilt showing 35 missing.
    I rebuild them using the Alt key save reload and its as if nothing changed.

Also some of these meshes with missing UV's also have no mesh collision data despite is showing the pro builder mesh number of the object in mesh collision the same was as meshes that do have collision data.

Tested this with a fiend in VRChat while sharing my screen on discord at the same time and making changes then uploading a new version and testing again with him all while screen sharing and discussing everything I was trying.

Report is uploaded sent a message to you @kaarrrllll and linking this thread to the friend who went through these bugs with me also.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    kaarrrllll likes this.