Search Unity

Bug Can't find Unity.Servies

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by moproductions, Dec 24, 2022.

1. moproductions

moproductions

So I've followed the instructions on the Getting Started with UGS page where I created the project, linked it to the services via the Project Settings, etc. However, when I tried to create my own version of the "InitializationExample" script, I can't even seem to import Unity.Services at all let alone get started. I put this at the top:
    using Unity.Services.Core;

But it gives me the red squiggly underneath. I've downloaded the Case samples project where it's recognized but I can't tell the difference as far as what I have to do to get access to Unity Services in my own project.
    I know this is basic but it's weird that I can't get it going.
    Thanks!
    -Mo

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Mo,
    Thanks for posting on the forums.
    What service are you trying to integrate?

All services need a package in order to be integrated and have the Unity.Service.Core is part of all packages.
    You can add a package by going to the Editor > Window > Package Manager > Search for the package
    upload_2022-12-26_9-11-44.png

Hope this helps you out.
    Happy Holidays.
    Seb

3. richj_unity

richj_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for letting us know, @moproductions. We'll make an update to the Getting Started documentation to clarify package installation.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. kaymo

kaymo

Package installation is not clarified yet. My unity registry does not contain Unity.Service.Core and I cannot add it by name.
    How to proceed to install Unity.Service.Core?
    my version: 2021.3.1f1

5. kaymo

kaymo

need to add: using System;
    in initialization script

6. richj_unity

richj_unity

Unity Technologies

You shouldn't need to install Unity.Services.Core by itself - it is a dependency of all UGS packages, so it should install automatically when you install RemoteConfig, CloudCode, etc. I'll see if we can clarify this in the Getting Started doc.

That's a good callout for adding "using System;" to the code snippet in the docs. Thank you!