Search Unity

Resolved Can't find the 'AR Core Supported' setting

Discussion in 'AR' started by MattJackB, May 9, 2022.

1. MattJackB

MattJackB

Hi there,

I'm having issues with our AR feature on Android devices which causes the app to crash when opening that scene.

I have seen on other posts, and on the ARCore Manual provided by Unity, that there is a known issue involving the 'AR Core Supported' setting:
    I have ARFoundation and ARCore 4.1.10 installed, and I am using Unity 2020.3.19f1. However I can't seem to find this 'AR Core Supported' setting anywhere. Is it the settings which is under Project Settings > XR Plug-in Management > ARCore > Requirement?

I know in the bullet point above that is says "in the XR Settings section of the Android Player settings", but my player settings do not show this tab/ section...

Is this even a thing we need to do anymore, or am I looking at outdated resources?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT:
    When un-checking and re-checking the ARCore option under the XR Plugin Management > Plug-in Providers I receive this warning message in the console. Not sure if anyone also knows what it's about, or if it has anything to do with the missing XR Settings?

Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:501d82bb1e2633040954d9db8411dfa9) "Assets/XR/XRGeneralSettings.asset"
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is this project upgraded from an older Unity version?
    The XR settings in Player settings are legacy and are not used anymore. Maybe reset your player settings if possible?

3. MattJackB

MattJackB

Pretty certain the project has been on the 2020 version of Unity the whole time.

Ah okay, so is it normal that the XR Settings are not visible, and are we no longer needed to un-check the AR Core Supported box? I tried resetting the player settings by using the cog icon in the top right, all it did was reset all the value and didn't reveal the XR Settings Tab.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

If everything (including arcore and ar foundation) is updated you just need to check everything is fine in xr management yrah