Search Unity

Can't find Render Pipeline option

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by BL4CK0UT1906, May 8, 2022.

1. BL4CK0UT1906

BL4CK0UT1906

So, i have two questions. I have never used URP before. I had a normal project (not URP and not HDRP) and i updated it to URP. I went to window->package manager and then installed Universal RP.
    After that, i have a thousand errors in my console (Image), but i still can run my game with no problems. But im really very uncomfortable with these errors so i would really like to remove them.
    Second, i don't know what to do after installing URP. I know it looks stupid, but i have watched virtually every single youtube tutorial, i went to dozens of posts, and apparently NO ONE has the same problem as me.
    Almost every single tutorial i watched, after installing the URP, the person would go to CREATE-> RENDERING-> UNIVERSAL RENDER PIPELINE->PIPELINE ASSET. I DO NOT have this option and i just can't find anyone that have the same problem as me, so i really don't know what to do. I will post a image with all the options i have when i go to CREATE-> RENDERING.
    Please, any kind of help with these two problems is welcome. Erro1.png

Attached Files:

2. BL4CK0UT1906

BL4CK0UT1906

As of right now i literally just want to add some post processing... But later on i will use URP materials.

3. BL4CK0UT1906

BL4CK0UT1906

Even on Unity docs , says:

To create a Universal Render Pipeline Asset:

1. In the Editor, go to the Project window.
    2. Right-click in the Project window, and select Create > Rendering &gt: Universal Render Pipeline&gt: Pipeline Asset. Alternatively, navigate to the menu bar at the top, and select Assets &gt: Create &gt: Rendering &gt: Universal Render Pipeline &gt: Pipeline Asset.
    You can either leave the default name for the new Universal Render Pipeline Asset, or type a new one.

Adding the Asset to your Graphics settings

I simply do not have this option. And yes, URP is installed, i already checked it. It says it's already in my project. I just can't finde anything about this problem of mine,sadly

4. AndyRat

AndyRat

russellnadin likes this.
  5. CarlieNorma

CarlieNorma

I am also having this issue? Any chance you found a solution?

6. aydinalpmuhammetemin

aydinalpmuhammetemin

You can import samples from unity package manager

7. TheArtRobot

TheArtRobot

8. Maciekk2004

Maciekk2004

Hey I had the exact same problem but I figured out the solution that worked for me at least.

I went into the Windows tab and from there I went into Rendering and then from there I selected Render Pipeline Converter. A windows should pop up where and there should be a drop down box where I selected the Built-in to URP option. After that tick all the boxes, and press the Initialise converter button on the bottom left. If everything went ok the just press Convert Assets. A URP render pipeline should be made and automatically added along with all materials converted to URP. Hope this helps.

9. unity_4leaf321

unity_4leaf321

thank you very much!

TheEstam likes this.
  10. noire1119

noire1119

THNK U VERY MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozaydinozge1234, AdiB_ and TheEstam like this.
  11. peidencoding

peidencoding

Hey, i also have a solution to turn on th URP
    1. Import URP from the asset store
    2. Go to create -> Rendering -> URP Asset (with universal renderer)
    3. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics and select your URP object in Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings
    4. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Quality -> Use the oder object file for Render Pipeline Asset.
    5. Go to Edit -> Rendering -> Materials -> Convert..
    Now you are good to go.
    Credit goes to:

12. midnight_dragon_knight

midnight_dragon_knight

This helped me so much!!! Thank you <33333333

13. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

I was pretty confused on how to create this thing.

Unity team worked really hard to make it difficult for my pea sized brain.:oops:

Anyways maybe others can find this useful..

It's not called (Universal Render Pipeline Asset) even though the little black box says so below.

In fact you need to right click and find the URP Asset(with Universal Renderer)

upload_2023-5-14_16-52-41.png

If that's not in your pop up, then you probably need to install the Universal RP files from package manager.
    upload_2023-5-14_16-47-22.png

Wiiq and dkfma1112 like this.
  14. JarvanIVI

JarvanIVI

this answer solved my question: can't find Render Pipeline Converter in the path Windows/Rendering of Unity 2020.1. the right path to convert to URP in Unity 2020.1 is Edit/Render Pipeline/URP. Thanks so much!

GDevTeam and peidencoding like this.
  15. Saanan

Saanan

In simple words "Great Work Man"

peidencoding likes this.
  16. Wiiq

Wiiq

thank you so much this solution saved my whole project and lots of my time