Search Unity

Can't find assets for game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by woeski, Oct 10, 2017.

1. woeski

woeski

So I've always wanted to make a game about the Dark ages mainly 800-1066...
    (historical game)

But i just can't seem to find some decently priced assets(characters) that would be enough to create
    a game.
    Do you know any assets? I mainly search for characters.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is one model that was really nice (good price and good looking, a little more historical could have being better but that's ok)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/100022

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

Pre-rigged and animated assets? Just models? What are your skillsets? If you can do some rigging and animation, there is a whole market for models. The asset store has some pretty cool stuff, but if you're going for a really specific look or theme, you may end up having to make it or hiring someone. Asset market stuff is mass-appeal rather than niche.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Expect to have to hire people to create your assets when you're going for something pretty specific like that.

4. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Define "decently priced." :)

5. woeski

woeski

Well I'm no to rich so maybe FREE to 25 EUR for one model with armour and stuff

And also I can't really rig a character :( . So Pre-rigged characters would be the best.
    Yea that would be best but to be honest I'm only searching for historical models
    wich is not really something that no artist has ever thought of.

Well i forgot to mention that i found one good model (good price, good looking)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/100022

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

PM me in a month or two and I can probably build you one or two character models -- no charge. Quality won't be AAA, but will probably meet your needs. You'll have to do the rigging yourself, find someone else to do it, or wait a good while until I learn how to do that.

7. woeski

woeski

Thanks! I'll see what i can do with the rigging, although if you find any other Models pls still post them

8. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

If you really want to make a game, it might be worthwhile to learn some of the skills yourself. In addition to plenty of free tutorials you can find with a little searching, websites like pluralsight and Lynda offer TONS of high quality instruction for about 30$ a month. Well worth it IMO.

I'd suggest starting with some free mecanim tutorials, get ahold of the free character models that come with unity, and I believe it comes with some simple animations too. I'm sure if you can go through the process of rigging and animating that model, most human character models will be similar.

9. woeski

woeski

I'll take a look at that.

But if you still find any pre-rigged models than pls post them.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

It'd be worth looking at Mixamo as well, if that's still around. They have a limited character creation tool that may be of help, and an auto-rigger which will almost certainly be of help, and an animation library which should at least cover the basics.

Sanhueza likes this.
  11. woeski

woeski

Yes, I was planning to try it with the auto-rigger, but is there a character creation tool too?

12. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Autodesk has a character creation software that you can use free for three years as long as you are enrolled at a University.

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  13. woeski

woeski

Ye, well isn't there just a character I can buy with some armours and some differant hair styles and beards?
    It doesn't need to be one package.