Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

can't export anything -- please help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dshillady, Nov 12, 2020.

1. dshillady

dshillady

Hello All.

For some reason, unbeknownst to me at least, the Unity Editor won't allow me to export anything. From the main menu, when I click on Assets > Export Package... , nothing happens--no list or message or anything! It appears to happen with one particular project, using any version of 2020.1 already released. Is there something wrong with the project configuration? Is it a bug? Am I doing something incorrectly? This is important for my project. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. dshillady

dshillady

bump...

3. mgear

mgear

4. dshillady

dshillady

Thank you for responding, mgear!

Nothing is printed in the Console panel, if that's what you're referring to.

The Editor.log file is lengthy, but I can provide it if it can help (but I don't want to publicly post my serial number, license ID, account information, etc. if not necessary).

This project is over 4GB in size, so I really have no other choice than to export certain assets and dependencies in order to work on them in another project. (Or do I?)

Thank you again.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The important things to look for in the editor log would be if there was some kind of error or other message at the end of the log coinciding with when you attempted to generate the package.

There is no 4GB limit on Unity projects. There has been a 4GB limit on individual scenes and the Resources folder, but I thought that got eliminated or otherwise improved in recent versions.

6. mgear

mgear

checked editor log and it doesn't seem to write anything there (at least when it manages to open that window).
    the export window can popup on the 2nd monitor though. (if you have had it there previously).

i'd guess it could be some editor extension interfering there..

also does ctrl+a in project window and right click export package have the same issue?

7. dshillady

dshillady

Thank you both for helping me!

I found another project that has the same issue. This one is Unity v2020.1.11, and only a little over 200MB in size.

I don't need to export anything from this project, but solving the issue with it might also help determine how to address the first, yes?

mgear--Yes, ctrl+a in project window then right-click and export does not appear to make any difference.

I've stripped the project of all packages but 2D Sprite, Custom Nunit, Test Framework, TextMeshPro, Unity UI, Visual Studio Code Editor, and Visual Studio Editor.

And there are no Editor extensions.

"the export window can popup on the 2nd monitor though. (if you have had it there previously)."

I only have one monitor; if the export window shows on a 2nd monitor that I don't have so I don't see it, could that be a cause of the problem? I have no idea how it would go to another monitor I don't have, though.

Does any of this information help?

8. mgear

mgear

i tried pushing that window outside of monitor, but it seems to pop back in when called again. so its not that.
    (and seems to work fine on my pc with 2020.1.11)

and certainly report as a bug with the build in bug reporter.