Search Unity

Other Can't even load project onto Oculus Quest 2?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Deleted User, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Forgive me as I am new to VR development. I have a project that I want to test, but it isn't showing on the Oculus Quest 2. I had it working yesterday, so I don't know what is different now. Oculus acts like it wants to load it by going black with 3 white dots, but then it simply goes back to the screen it had on previously. I have not been able to test using the play button, I always had to build and run the project.

The only thing I can say that changed is that I turned off Oculus for the night. I tried unplugging it, getting out of Unity, and then getting back into it and re-plugging it in and I'm still not having any luck. Please help?

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

About the testing in play mode:
    Does the headset work well with other PC games using oculus link?
    If so, did you select OpenXR (or Oculus) in the XR management settings for PC and also enable initialize XR on startup?

For android:
    Did you select Oculus in the XR management settings for Android and also enable initialize XR on startup?
    If so, what Unity version (if possible update to the latest) do you use and what rendering API (Vulkan or OpenGLES)

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't have any PC games that run in VR with Oculus Link, per se, for testing it is hard-wired with a USB cable. Will try with OL. As for the rest, I run with 2020.3.23F1, and I use OpenGLES.

Edit. Tried it and now it opens but I can't move?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2021
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

How's the project setup?
    Input wise?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's a PC hard-wired to the Oculus. What I meant to say is, I don't have any games that aren't mine running off a PC. Sorry for the confusion.

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

I was talking about the unity setup. If you don't enable the right things in XR management it wont receive input. And you also have to make sure the input is actually read

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Gotcha. I'm a noob at this. (I'm following a course, but the teacher didn't say how to load the game to the headset so forgive me if what I send isn't helpful. Hopefully, this will at least help another noob get set up.)

I used a 3D project, not the VR template.

I got Xr installed and set to Oculus, and ensured Stereo Rendering to Multi Pass

Time frames to 1/72

Switched to Android with ASTC Texture compression and Developer Mode to on

Switched Color Space to Linear

Removed Vulcan from Graphics API

Ensured multithreading is active

Minimum API to Android 7.1 'Nougat'

Scripting backend to IL2CPP

API compatibility to .NET 4.x

Install location to automatic

Added quality setting with Pixel light count to 1, Anisotropic textures to per texture, removed soft particles, Anti Aliasing to 4x multi sampling, and ensured Realtime Reaction Probes was on

I don't recall any other changes. I added Oculus integration asset, added the OVR player controller, changed Custom hands with Distance grabbing hands, switched the code from the left hand to distance grabbing... And I think that's all I changed.

I know I did something really dumb here. I'm going to try making a new project and setting things up again...

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's best to find a unity learn project that already works and dig through it.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Took me long enough... I am curious as to why this is set up like this. The distance grabber hand requires the Grabber script, as apparently the grabber code also does movement. So, if I want the left hand to also distance grab, I needed both the Grabber and Distance Grabber Code.

DevDunk likes this.