Search Unity

Can't enter values into fields after using Tab between input fields

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HeaDiii, Oct 29, 2017.

1. HeaDiii

HeaDiii

Hey there,

I don't know if this is a bug or a new feature, but i'm not able to enter values into input fields after i used the Tab button to jump onto them.

For example: I want to update the position of one object. I select the first input-field (x), change it to something like 0 and then i use tab to jump the the next field (y). Now i can not straight up put my next value into it. I need to click this field or press enter first before i can input my value.

Since this feature was implemented in earlier versions of unity and was pretty intuitive, I am kinda irritaded that this doesn't work anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Freznosis

Freznosis

I thought I was going crazy for a second because I noticed I can't do this anymore either. I thought that maybe I was never doing this and always had to click but I was definitely tabbing and changing values in 5.6 recently. I hope this is a bug and not a feature removal.

HeaDiii likes this.
  3. pwnd

pwnd

YES. Why did they remove it? This is just making it more tedious to change values fast... Please Unity, change it back!
    The best way to do this now is TAB->RETURN->Type value...

4. Reticulum

Reticulum

yeah.. it's very inconvenient now without auto selecting next value... now it's too slow to change values... PLEASE, RESTORE TAB selection..... thanks in advance!

5. Freznosis

Freznosis

This is the top issue on the issue tracker currently, looks like a fix is coming for all the current patch and beta releases.