Search Unity

Question Can't enter text into an input field when using AR Foundation AR Kit

Discussion in 'AR' started by blamejane, Dec 30, 2021.

1. blamejane

blamejane

Hey everyone I'm at a loss trying to figure out why I can't type any text into the input field when running my iOS app. The app uses AR Foundation/AR Kit. Using the Simple AR scene from the Unity AR samples, I added a UI Text game object to the hierarchy and tested in Unity Editor and on my mobile device. I can't click into the text field and I can't enter text.

I looked at the event system game object and saw a warning about the project not utilizing the new Input system. So I clicked the button to automatically add that. I ran the test again but nothing worked, I still couldn't enter text because I can't click into the input field.

I noticed there is an XR UI Canvas game object, so I added that to the hierarchy and a child UI Text on this canvas. Tested again and still can't click into input or enter text.

I tried a new blank unity project, added AR/XR packages and in the default scene just added a UI Text field. Tested again, still no-go.

I'm using Unity 2020.3.2xx with all of the latest up-to-date packages.

I don't see anyone else with this problem that I can find.

Any ideas?

FYI, I posted on stack-overflow, but there isn't a lot of traffic and I"m desperate to solve this; so decided to post on Unity forum. https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ext-input-field-using-ar-foundation-on-mobile

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. blamejane

blamejane

D'oh. Nevermind