Search Unity

Can't enable CrossPlatformInput prefabs

Discussion in 'Android' started by skwunk, May 6, 2016.

1. skwunk

skwunk

I'm trying to integrate virtual joysticks to my mobile game and I learned that Unity had a package for just that, CrossPlatformInput, but I can't enable the joysticks when I drag it into my hierarchy. For example, when I put the MobileSingleStickControl into my hierarchy, I can't see it in the editor or the game preview. Selecting the arrow on the left in the hierarchy shows that the JumpButton and MobileJoystick are disabled but when I try to click on the check to enable it in the Inspector, nothing happens, it just does not enable.

I have an EventSystem and I have my project set to Android. I would really like to know why this package doesn't work.

EDIT: Never mind, I may have figured it out.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. drtomcatan

drtomcatan

HernandoNJ and GizmoMKD like this.
  3. Rarceth

Rarceth

4. srajpal

srajpal

I was able to fix my issue by reimporting the entire standard package. I had initially selected only the CrossPlatformInput section. I

io_azaz3l, noliwico and berilyuan like this.
  5. Alissin

Alissin

Thank you srajpal. Actually, beyond the Standart Assets/CrossPlatformInput folder, we need the CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs file which is responsible for showing the Mobile Input tab menu. It is inside the Standart Assets/Editor folder. I kept only this in my project and it worked.

6. Viscarious

Viscarious

I was missing CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs as Alissin mentioned. This resolved the issue for me! Ty!

VaporAnomaly likes this.
  7. madhavuk

madhavuk

Thanks

8. HernandoNJ

HernandoNJ