Search Unity

Can't edit ProjectSettings/UnityConnectSettings.asset

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Zaine7673, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

I'm using the monetization SDK and after a lot of googling I've managed to get the test ads to work in the editor but they don't seem to work when i build the app and run it on an android device.

I've come across this thread - https://forum.unity.com/threads/iss...s-window-missing-assemblies-look-here.494936/ and though I'd try the solution there but i cant seem to edit the unityconnectsettings.asset file.

I open it up and add the missing line - m_EnabledPlatforms: 4294967295 - and set m_Enabled: to 1 instead of 0 - and when i save and build the file seems to revert back.

Anyone else come across this before and have a solution?

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      211.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

You ideally shouldn't have to modify this file, would be interesting why you ended in this situation.

In any case, have you closed Unity while editing file?

/Rasmus

3. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

hi thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to edit that file because although the test ads work in the editor they do not seem to work when i build the apk and test it on an android device.

I've tried many things and i just cant seem to get it to work.

I've tried editing it with unity closed and i get the same results. it just reverts back everytime after i build the app.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide the results of your debugging on the device, including the device logs. What the value of IsReady on the device at runtime, for example?

5. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

Sorry for the delay - The problem was that i was trying to edit it whilst unity was open. Also i eventually just used Advertisements instead of Monetization since it ... works :)

6. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

Unfortunately, Its become almost mandatory in my last 3 games to hack the UnityConnectSettings.asset file. I love Unity Ads but it eventually stops working and I rely on this link to revive it by having to hack this file.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/iss...s-window-missing-assemblies-look-here.494936/

On a Mac its easy, I just edit the file using VI in a Shell. In Windows, I'm unable to do anything with it because it comes out as binary data.

7. perry_garg

perry_garg

Open -> EditorSettings.asset
    and change
    m_ExternalVersionControlSupport: Perforce
    to
    m_ExternalVersionControlSupport: Hidden Meta Files