Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't download Unity Test Tools from asset store

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Zarokima, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Zarokima

Zarokima

I am unable to download Unity Test Tools from the asset store. I have tried logging out, quitting and restarting, and reinstalling Unity. I was able to successfully download NGui, which I had previously bought a license for. I was also able to download the free Unity Projects: 2D Platformer. When I attempt to download Unity Test Tools nothing happens. Literally nothing, no error message or anything. I even tried on my other computer, but same thing.

Any help?

2. Callum_Abele

Callum_Abele

I am having the exact same problem, I can click on the drop down arrow to the right of the download button. This brings up the options to download / download and import etc. However when I click on these nothing happens. I have reinstalled Unity restarted my mac, I can also download other assets from the store.

So this is not an isolated case....

3. Grimmopher

Grimmopher

I'm getting the exact same problem. Hope it gets fixed soon. I wanted to use the weekend to familiarize myself with it.

4. rtwall

rtwall

Same. Windows 8.1 Pro.

5. QA-for-life

QA-for-life

Unity Technologies

We're looking into the problem. What version of Unity are you experiencing this with?

6. Mihec

Mihec

I tried with Unity 4.3.3 and 4.3.4. Both don't work. Can you share an alternate link in the meantime?

Best regards,

Mihec

7. alexlopashev

alexlopashev

Mirror downloads will be great temporary solution. I've also tried to download Unity Test Tools with Unity 4.3.0f4 and the latest one (4.3.4). Seems like problem is in Asset Store page, maybe incorrect URLs. It would be great if free assets may have been downloaded not only from Asset Store but from direct http links too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  8. Tomek-Paszek

Tomek-Paszek

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Here is the 1.1.1 version package: link [the update should be working fine now]
    Sorry for inconvenience, we're working on that.
    Tomek

9. Zarokima

Zarokima

Thanks, Tomek!

10. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

You should be able to download it normally now.

11. raja1250

raja1250

are we able to load it to assets.

12. aimeewang

aimeewang

I can not download the version 1.3.2. Could you help me? Could you email that version for Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  13. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

What happens when you try to download it?

14. Tomek-Paszek

Tomek-Paszek

Unity Technologies

15. AntonVonUber

AntonVonUber

What would be the cause of this scenario: When trying to download Unity Test Tools it gets about 5% in and then it ERRORS out with the message:

CryptographicException: Bad PKCS7 padding. Invalid length 143.
    Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.ThrowBadPaddingException (PaddingMode padding, Int32 length, Int32 position)
    Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.FinalDecrypt (System.Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
    Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.TransformFinalBlock (System.Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
    System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Security.Cryptography/CryptoStream.cs:205)
    UnityEditor.AssetStoreUtils.DecryptFile (System.String inputFile, System.String outputFile, System.String keyIV) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/AssetStoreUtilsBindings.gen.cs:86)

Has anyone had a similar problem, and is there a quick fix?