Search Unity

Cant Download Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack - "401 Unathorized"

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by ntieskie, Apr 12, 2020.

1. ntieskie

ntieskie

I do not know my way around programs like this, it is my first day attempting to play around with this program. I can't figure out why I can't install the Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack version 1.0. The "Import" option is greyed out and the "Download" button results in an error saying "The requested URL returned error: 401 Unauthorized. I'm simply trying to learn what game design is about and chose the personal license, or at least I tried to.

2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ntieskie,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience getting started with Unity! Could you tell me which version of Unity you are working with? For the Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack, I see the supported Unity versions are 2019.1.1 or higher which might explain the error.

If your version of Unity is higher than 2019.1.1 then I'm not sure how you could receive an "Unauthorized" error while downloading this package since it is freely available on the Asset Store. Could you try downloading another package from the Asset Store and see if the same thing happens? If so, there may be issues with your internet connection we could investigate...

3. AmpViewer

AmpViewer

I use Unity 2019.3.1.13 and I have the same problem: Can't IMPORT the asset even if I can download it. So it doesn't work for me, can you please upgrade it or test it on a the new version of Unity please? thank you

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Are you getting this with any other packages?

5. unity_YDXy-j36vRpfiQ

unity_YDXy-j36vRpfiQ

I have the same issue with all the free packages

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

What comes up in the error console? Anything in particular?