Search Unity

Can't download editor from unity hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by sohamxbr, Apr 30, 2023.

1. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

The error message is Download failed: error.1e000065.Cipher functions.OPENSSL_internal.BAD_DECRYPT.../../third_party/boringssl/src/crypto/fipsmodule/cipher/e_aes.c.1068. 32010632.error.1000008b.SSL routines.OPENSSL_internal.DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC.../../third_party/boringssl/src/ssl/tls_record.cc.298

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      141.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      147.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Have you tried different version of Unity to download?

3. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

no.. I tried only Unity 2021.3.24f1

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Try installing the modules you need one at a time instead of all at once. I've seen mention of some people having trouble specifically with Visual Studio but the error message is generic enough it could be any of them.

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I would try first as @Ryiah suggest. If tha fails, I would try different Unity versions.

6. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

Did that. Tried to install the modules one by one. Still that error comes and download fails.Now I have tried to Install different unity version 2020..but same thing happened. The same error occurred. Two days passed. I still couldn't even install unity in my PC.

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Let's consider the hardware and software.
    What is your storage drive? HDD, SSD?
    How much space you have?
    On which partition you are doing installations, and where you got OS.
    What OS you have?
    Any firewalls?
    Any anty viruses?
    Any router settings, which may block?
    Anything else that may be relevant?

8. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

I have 500gb HDD and 500gb+256Gb SSD.. The OS is Win 10. It is installed in SSD. I have installed Hub in SSD and the edition path is on SSD too. I have plenty of space remaining on all SSDs. Because all are empty. SSs only have OS nothing else. The firewall is turned off, I have antivirus whose antivirus, firewall, internet protection all turned off. My Wifi is unlimited. I also turned off the Data limiter settings. My unity hub version is 3.4.2

9. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

(Solution):
    Hello everyone , I finally found a real solution of this problem, I was stuck in this problem for more than 1 month. I was puzzled for so long time. But Somehow the problem was sorted, let me explain.
    What I was doing when the SSL "error" came and the download failed:
    1. I am using Windows 10
    2. My PC was connected to internet via my phone's wifi.
    3. Antivirus/Firewall was ON. (Solution)

What I changed and NOW I can successfully download editor and modules without any error.
    1. Now I connected my PC to internet "NOT" via my phone's WIFI. Now I connected my PC to internet via my phone's "USB Tethering". So, now , It works like LAN/broadband/Similar. (This step is vital).
    2.I removed data limits of the network by going to Settings>Network & Internet> Ethernet.
    3. I changed the Download directory from Unity hub to a Hard drive instead of SSD. Unity hub>Settings>Installs>Downloads location.
    4. I turned off all the security features of my antivirus. After that I started to download Editor and modules from hub. I got success, The SSL Crypto error didn't come. And thus I finally successfully installed unity editor, and its modules from unity hub.

Conclusion: This thing is not a unity specific error I think, because I got same error(SSL crypto) at android studio while downloading files. I think this error is Windows 10 specific, I never got this error from Windows 7. Have a great day.

waverz and Shodan0101 like this.
  10. hari_vishnu_

hari_vishnu_

I can;t able to download unity editor.
    I tried uninstalling everything and even showing this same error "socket hang up"
    If anyone know the solutions let me know

11. waverz

waverz

USB Tethering fixed everything Thanks a million!