Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

can't 'downgrade'

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by junctionboss, May 21, 2019.

1. junctionboss

junctionboss

I'm trying to move AWAY from beta, bc I think its causing my project problems specifically my 3rd person Ethan character. which is not working right, at all. I've posted about this, and still no responses.

The HUB wont' let me change to 2019.2.3f1 which I can't imagine isn't more stable, from the 0b2.

Can someone verify, this version 0b2 IS as stable as 3f1 so I can ignore this ?

thx

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Why you run on beta, if expecting stable Unity?

3. junctionboss

junctionboss

SImple, because things were NOT working out on stable :)

I thought something not working here, might have been fixed in beta.

Its not my fault , unity isn't more PROactive in helping users find their way through the nightmare that setting up a 3rd person character is.

In 2 minutes I had it working out of the box in unrealengine 4, which is not a perfect engine , it has its own 'issues',like any engine does, but at least it doesn't waste a persons time fiddling for days, on character issues , right ?

BUT, I have an important project here in unity that i'm very proud of, so I must fix this mess.

I just found out about,, basic locomotion free in assets--I wish unity would find a way to let users who funds can't offer them a FASter way to a character, some reminder UP front about the free options--I 've looked for 2 days at least on store for a free character, and I never found it, until finding reference to it on youtube by a kind user.

Does that resolve your question ?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. junctionboss

junctionboss

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

To downgrade, you would click on one of the links to download a previous version. "The hub won't let me"...so...download the version directly. You can have multiple versions installed at the same time, just install to separate folders. But yeah, might not work to open a higher version project on a lower version regardless. Best to go to your most recent backup, hopefully made just prior to importing to the beta version.

Antypodish likes this.
  7. junctionboss

junctionboss

Ty for your information, I downed from B to 3f1 2019 , had to edit manfest.json a bit ( I'll avoid that in future ), but its working fine now.

TY for your assistance

8. cradiff

cradiff

Just try to share you my experience in downgrade process and hope it helpful.

Step by step you can do like this:

1. Make sure you have a backup version of your current source code version

2. Open Hub and open project in the editor target version(in your case, it can be 2019.2.21f1)

3. After finish the opening in 2019.2.21 then close Editor

4. Delete all files/folder in Folder "Library" of project

5. Open again the project in 2019.2.21 and try to build and see

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022